Height / How tall are you? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SignorinaFab said:
Well, the truth is that there's no way a person can grow after his bones have stopped growing. And usually girls' bones stop growing by the age of 18 and boys' at about 21 or 22. So no amout of streching, hanging or torturing yourself by lying on a flat surface will do you any good. Had you done all those things while your bones were still growing, maybe you would have grown a bit.

You can't grow but it is possible to become *slightly* taller by straightening the spine out and decompressing it. So good posture can make you taller...

Yeah, that's possible, but that will add 1 cm or 2 at the most ... I heard once that it's possible for a physiotherapist to "pull" your legs in a way that the bones slightly move from the joints (which is still OK, because joints are very flexible), which adds another 2 cm or so. That's what i read somewhere, it may be completely untrue ... So don't try this at home kids!:D:innocent: Like PrinceOfCats said, good posture does wonders :flower:

what are signs that your growing??? I would like to know thanks because I get really achey legs and I've been EXTRA hungry lately..are there any other signs??I'm 5'6 and 14 years btw.

I've had itchy toes too..but i don't think that has anything to do with it :lol:

TourniquetMX said:
Acester, some people get growing pains in their legs while other don't. You are still 14, and the average female grows until age 17. You are still growing!

Look at this link...
http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/growthcharts/girlstwoyears.gif

That is generally true, but some of my friends stopped growing at 13/14, but then again I know some people who grew until the age of 20...:flower:

I grew 4 inches in 2 monthes once. I wish that would happen again...

acester said:
what are signs that your growing??? I would like to know thanks because I get really achey legs and I've been EXTRA hungry lately..are there any other signs??I'm 5'6 and 14 years btw.

I've had itchy toes too..but i don't think that has anything to do with it :lol:

I'll be 17 this month and I still get "growing pains" in my legs. My dad is like 6'4" and my mom is 5'8" and at the moment I'm 5'6 1/2 or so.. I'll probably be growing more too

hmmm, does excersize really help you grow taller? Because i've recently dropped horse-back riding for which i've been doing for two years, and i'm afraid my height is gonna be affected by that.
I definitely want to be taller than a mere 5'6"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was 5'2" in my late teens. 5'3" in my late 20s. I am fully 5'4" at late 30s now. When I'm 80, I plan to start modeling. :D

(No joke, very serious about the height changes. They were not mismeasurements, no matter how impossible you think it is for my height to have gone up after the end-of-puberty bone changes that take place. I was on especially lean diets in my teen years and 20s.)

thats_hot22 said:
what is the best type of exercise you can do to grow? (which ones stunt growth?)

I suspect yoga is good for growth (like pilates). Yoga kind of concentrates on opening and stretching, and pilates is about posture and long lean muscles, if I recall correctly.

One could read up on what nutrients are necessary to support growth hormone production, and just make sure they're in the diet, too.

thats_hot22 said:
does sex/masturbation affect your hight in any way? :unsure:

that's not gross at all!!..don't be silly:lol: Thats_hot22 it doesn't affect your height in ANY way in read it in a book i have ^_^

guys i wasn't asking whether I was growing..I was asking what the SIGNS of a growth spurt about to happen are??

Because I can barely last 2 hours without eating at school nowadays!!!! I told mum that and she says "you know i think your having another growth spurt!"..lol so i was wondering whether she was right??

TourniquetMX THANKYOU FOR THAT LINK!!!!! my doctor showed me it and i really want one for myself:D:flower:

I think your mom is right.. When I've gone through a "growth spurt" then I also tend to eat more it's strange because I'm like wow I like really hungry! And I guess if you do exercise you're burning more calories so that makes you hungry in a way too

I wonder whether it's possible to become taller than your dad? My mom is 5'6, my dad no taller than 5'9 and I'm really close to 5'9 at barely 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->