Helmut Lang S/S 2004 - Paris

I thought Lang did a good job this season. :wink:

First, the sport-mix was clearly right for the moment, as it is becoming emerging trend. Secondly, the clever detail of the jackets connected to a skirt was great innovation.

But I'm not really into those deconstructed tank tops, they look so dated :doh: , as it was clearly used in recent collections and most recently by Rick Owens last season.

Overall, great pieces. Very innovative and edgy. :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:41 pm
But I'm not really into those deconstructed tank tops, they look so dated :doh: , as it was clearly used in recent collections and most recently by Rick Owens last season.
And by Helmut seasons and seasons before that. :wink:

I think it's beyootiful. :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:44 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:44 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:41 pm

[/b][/quote]
I guess it's just my opinion. :wink:

To each their own. :flower:

Thanks for the photos, again, Astrid! :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:48 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:48 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:44 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32
@Oct 9th, 2003 - 11:41 pm

I guess it's just my opinion. :wink:

To each their own. :flower:

Thanks for the photos, again, Astrid! :flower: :heart:[/b][/quote]
Absolutely. :wink: B) I'm definitely a fan of modern deconstruction. I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but it works for me. :flower:

oh my!

i :heart: this collection.

the whole collection is marvelous... not just a few pieces!

the colors are perfectly done and in the perfect proportions!!!!!

helmut is a master at this look... :woot:

:bounce: i love the green skirts!! all of it , excellent!

its calling me in the night!!! help :shock:

wow I must say helmut did do a good job this season :woot: :heart: :flower: !

I love thous skirts that are like made out of tops i guess :heart:

The plastic/garbage bag pieces are great, soem of them seem very Watanabe s/s 2001 though.

For all his rempitsion and hype he is really talented designer :heart:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 10th, 2003 - 12:17 am
For all his rempitsion and hype he is really talented designer :heart:
Of course! :woot: :heart:

Originally posted by Sarah Mower@ Style.com
PARIS, October 9, 2003 – Helmut Lang based his collection on dragonflies. What set him off, he said before the show, was "the lightness of structure, the iridescent color." Whatever his references, they always become meshed into the recognizable House of Lang signatures: pared-away structures; straps; bits and pieces of T-shirts; and tailoring. That was all apparent in an opening section of layered beige and white, with delicate bandages loosely wrapping pants, and holey T-shirts under a few of his slim suits.

Last season's shadow of militaristic strictness and aggression has lifted. In place of the darkness, there are complex but abbreviated shapes and a concentration on working with color—brick red, beige, purple, and green, with sudden flashes of reflective materials and slithery, synthetic translucencies. Some of Lang's abstracted forms have become far removed from any recognizable function. Odd hip-slung devices came with metallic protrusions on one side, tied on with jersey wraps. Other garments looked like upside-down sweaters, dangling in place of skirts.

His best silhouettes were tiny, formfitting knit dresses with a contrasting underlayer of sheer, shiny fabric that escaped in miniscule gathered flips. In the end, though, for all the lightness and sensitivity of color in this collection, Lang's imagination has drifted into obsessing over aesthetic details. In the old days, grown women used to cry over how his pants, tanks, jackets, and coats offered such coolly simple solutions for everyday dressing. Now, for all the vision of beauty he presents, there's a sense that they're left on the sidelines, pining.

100117626.jpg
100117631.jpg

GOSH! That's just beautiful. I like it all. These colors are so vibrant, and something...they are used, I think, in just the perfect places. they are not too much nor little, and where they are, they have such a great energy in them!!

:boxer: Helmut Lang, in perfect form, his real comeback in PFW.
Ultra modern lines -idealy balancing Milano's FS sweetness- great styling and ... his amazing use of colours. Don't ask me how, but i know HL has a security block using colours/prints, so when it happens it's extremely well studied, he's much better in this than he thinks.

finally, helmut is one of the less hyped designers around.
He's much talented and a real hard worker.
I've seen him choosing fabrics in P.V. in Paris and i can say,
this one was really working.
Clever manager and shareholder of his Prada Group label,
he always did the right business moves.

Actually I find him quite underestimated for what he really is.
He's much better from N.G. of baleciaga, to :evil: quote a name.

Thanks for breaking the good news astid :heart:

I took the slideshow at Style and I loved the mesnwear, too, which were the same ones showed in June. :blush: :woot:

I can't believe not just Rei had a same idea as mine (the study on skirts), but Helmut too. The idea of making the tank a dress was an idea of mine, years ago. :doh: But he did it entirely diferent as I would do, so it's okay. But then again they would say it was him who the concept originated from. :angry:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 10th, 2003 - 8:04 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 10th, 2003 - 8:04 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-trean@Oct 10th, 2003 - 1:57 am
:o It's beautiful!!!!! :heart: :blush: :heart:
I knew I could count on you, Trean. :flower: [/b][/quote]
:blush: I'm with you!

:shifty: I need to see close-ups of the shoes :buzz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"