Help Me Shop...

lovespell

Reaction score
I have a new job. Yay! Working at a department store, but the dress code doesn't exactly match what's in my closet. So, that means more shopping. But! I've never done this kind of shopping. I guess you would call it business casual?

I need to find:

Button up shirts, but I've always had a problem with these. They need to be long enough in the torso to tuck in, and long enough in the arms. But it seems when they are long enough, then their all baggy in the middle and it looks sloppy! And I want more then just plain white ones.

Trousers, cut long and lean, that aren't too high in the waist. Again, I have trouble finding ones long enough. Also need matching suit jackets.

Pencil skirts, but must not be shorter then 3 inches above knee.

Pretty blouses, sweaters?

Flat or low heeled shoes that are comfy, but still stylish. I don't want to wear old lady shoes!

Any websites, stores I should check out? Also, any advice on how to mix and match? It seems it could get pretty boring... I guess I have to keep things "spiced" up with accessories? How do you dress "professional" everyday without getting bored?

Thanks for the advice, it's all appreciated!

Originally posted by lovespell@Sep 2 2004, 03:08 PM
I have a new job. Yay! Working at a department store, but the dress code doesn't exactly match what's in my closet. So, that means more shopping. But! I've never done this kind of shopping. I guess you would call it business casual?

I need to find:

Button up shirts, but I've always had a problem with these. They need to be long enough in the torso to tuck in, and long enough in the arms. But it seems when they are long enough, then their all baggy in the middle and it looks sloppy! And I want more then just plain white ones.

Trousers, cut long and lean, that aren't too high in the waist. Again, I have trouble finding ones long enough. Also need matching suit jackets.

Pencil skirts, but must not be shorter then 3 inches above knee.

Pretty blouses, sweaters?

Flat or low heeled shoes that are comfy, but still stylish. I don't want to wear old lady shoes!
Any websites, stores I should check out? Also, any advice on how to mix and match? It seems it could get pretty boring... I guess I have to keep things "spiced" up with accessories? How do you dress "professional" everyday without getting bored?

Thanks for the advice, it's all appreciated!
[snapback]354416[/snapback]​

i recomend buying blouses that are cinched at the sides or in the middle. they are more fitted and flattering, and adds a little flare to the traditional boring white blouse.

pants-try the editor pant (i forget if its by limited or express)

i recommend ann taylor and banana republic...kenneth cole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"