Help! (only Come If You Like To Customize Clothes

A cheese-grater can do the trick.

So can slashing the fabric strategically with an X-acto knife, then running them through the wash multiple times.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 8 2004, 07:04 PM
A cheese-grater can do the trick.

So can slashing the fabric strategically with an X-acto knife, then running them through the wash multiple times.
[snapback]390759[/snapback]​

Thanks!!! ur a life-saver!! :lol:

exacto knife and rubbing it on concrete/asphalt/something like that. try wearing out the parts you want shredded on the cement then make a little cut with the knife and ripping the hole wider. rub with some rough round stones if you want to distress the holes some more. toss into the washer and tada! ^_^

Use the cheese grater side of a foot file and follow with the sand paper side. It's a little easier to handle than an actual cheese grater. A rough grit sand paper works well too. If you bought them with a worn in look, follow the marks to make it more natural looking. Rub the side seams a little to to make it more even.
Ideally I'd recommend wearing them every day for 6 months.....that's what I did with my Diesels (more like a year and a half) then patched the holes with topstitchg. People are constantly asking me where I bought them, even the employees at the Diesel store.

I agree, just wearing the hell out of a pair of jeans for a few months will do it best.

Heck, I bought some cheapass jeans at KMart a while back to work in, and wore them, washed them, wore them, washed them, wore them, washed them, and they look pretty darn good now.

Gardening does wonders for distressing denim, too. The sand/dirt/grit roughs up the fabric quite nicely, but you get all the wear on your knees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->