Help Picking Out Sunglasses / Yay or Nay? (Please read rules in post #1)

Golden_butterfly

The mod squad
Reaction score
Thread Rules
Need help picking out sunglasses, or need opinions on shades you've bought? Post your pics here and get thoughts from other fashionable and knowledgable tFSers...

Hi,my head is oval shaped,so most sunglasses look so big on me,
i was jus wondering if there is any tip u might have to shear of what
i should think about before i go and buy any? :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this sunglasses and I was told they're unisex but still I'm a bit confused...are they unisex, or for women or for men?

Any help is appreciated B)

I think that the most important thing is your style and how you wear them. Personally I don't think I would wear them just because the lenses are purple and the shape of the side arms. But, then I have a pair of black Chanel sunglasses with rhinestone cc's on the lenses that many people tell me are women's glasses but I think they look good on me (and besides, they were a gift from my dear co-worker/friend Courtney). Bottom line: it's up to you.

Yeah that's what they told me that it's up to me, the shades are black although they look like purple on the scanner. I chose them because they look retro and I love retro stuff.

Thanks anyway :smile:

I feel bad thinking I could have wasted some $$ on them.

Sunglasses - Finding the shape that suits you

how do you know what shape of sunglasses is right for YOUR face shape? any websites on how to tell?

It's a matter of opinion. There is no right or wrong.

i think the only way to find out is to try every type on until you find one that you like.

go to a big store with a lot of time and a trusted friend who will be blunt and honest with how you look.

Originally posted by AlexN@Dec 6 2004, 01:18 AM
It's a matter of opinion. There is no right or wrong.
[snapback]452900[/snapback]​

Actually, it's true that some shapes go better with some faces, just like haircuts. True, of course you can wear whatever you like. :flower: But sometimes some frames just don't look right on a particular face.

usually big black ones that cover half your face suit most faces.. suits me anyway

aviators are a tricky ones, personally i think bigger aviators are easier to wear

it has to do with the shape of a face
a bigger more rectangle face should lean towards a bigger frame
a smaller face shape doesnt always look to good with big frames taking up the face. Unless if you are going for that european look, thats always hot.
the top of the frame should land right where your eyebrows are. dont go for anything too wide if you have a narrow face because that tends to look a little silly.
I find that certain noses can make or break a frame too. I like chanels because they have a narrow nose bridge and they always seem to fit women just right.

another thing that will make a frame look great is good coloring to match your own hues (hair/skin)
black obviously goes with everyone

edit: oh and if you get a frame with a slight cat eye , that does wonders for us women. it really makes us look great, even if you cant see whats underneath the frames.

AniexDaffodil: do you know where i can find the style you mentioned at a price under $20? something similar to christain dior and gucci you see stars wearing like everyone has...only at an affordable price?

the slight cat eye sounds good too....so any websites would be great for what you mentioned

well i suggest really just saving up for the real thing
twenty bucks is pretty low if you aren't going for quality then i am sure you might be able to snag a pair at urban or on ebay. it depends on what you like . . . i found a great vintage pair at a thrift store once.

the cat eye effect is something more like this Athen
those are oliver peoples though and they aren't cheap
but trust me WELL WORTH IT

I also support saving up for the real thing, or finding something close at a place like TJMAXX. They usually have nice designer glasses for under 30.

IF not , then you can go to www.celebrityglasses.com they have knock offs of alot fo the really popular styles. And most are like 17.99 or close too it.

wow 225$ for a pair of sunglasses! :o im in shock. rory0907: i ve found some good ones for under about $40-60 if your willing to go up that high...just look around places, people are DYING to sell knockoffs like these

EBay's also a very good bet. :wink:

ive got more of a chubby face...what style from celbrityglasses.com would be good for me...? any recs on specifics? those are actually pretty cheap

Originally posted by Lindsay22@Dec 8 2004, 08:06 PM
ive got more of a chubby face...what style from celbrityglasses.com would be good for me...? any recs on specifics? those are actually pretty cheap
[snapback]457274[/snapback]​
me too, and these are wonderful:

5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"