Help With Handbag Descriptions!

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by southerncutie, Dec 5, 2003.

1. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

I'm writing an article for our school newspaper and it's called, "The Purse That Spawned One Thousand Knock-offs!" Basically, it's about the Vuitton purse and how all knock-offs are illegal. What I need help on is describing some other purses and things off to the side. How do I accurately describe Prada, Hermes, Gucci, Fendi, and Louis Vuitton, and tell what to look for to make sure it isn't a knock-off? HELP!!!! I'm going to put a list of stuff off to the side, like buying from a liscened retailer only, but what else do I need? This is a big deal, and any ones help is greatly appreciated thanks!!

2. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Hermes birkins have the inside signatures hidden under a flap (someone else told me this on tFS I can't remember who but credit goes to them, they might know about this in more detail)

There's a whole big site dedicated to Vuitton fakes

Don't even try buying Prada from anywhere but a licensed retailer because spotting fakes can be nigh on impossible

3. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

designer bags sold below the RRP are def fishy.... and not the best thing to go for.

if its a real bag then noone would sell it below price, would they :rolleyes: ?

4. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

thanks leyla and prince~ I'm hoping this is going to be a great article..

5. tealady

tealady New Member

I hope you'll share your article with us when you've written it, southerncutie! ;)

6. southerncutie

southerncutie New Member

Of course I'm going to share- y'all have helped a lot.. now I just have to go get it finished and proofed again! :-D