Here come the band jackets!

WheresMyUmbrella

Reaction score
The whole Sergeant Pepper / marching band jacket thing has been bubbling up for a while, and it seems to have finally broken through to the surface.

I hope that it doesn't become a fad, because I LOVE these jackets.

I'll post pics soon! In the meantime, please fill up this thread with band jackets. I've seen a few on lookbook.nu

:D:heart::heart::heart:

My favorites are from Balmain s/s 09

20sd79t.jpg
2it4n0n.jpg

style.com

Honestly... no. I'd be impartial to a blue band jacket with gold accents (like in the third picture in Post #7, only trade the red with a royal blue or sapphire blue color). However, no. Don't like these. Sorry.

yes i love this trend!! in fact have been searching vintage shops&ebay for a jacket like that

i like the one chris martin from coldplay has been wearing with the rainbow armband thing.

I love this type of jacket. But wasn't it inspired by some kind of military uniform?

fwk1o9.jpg
kd5tmv.jpg

camdenguide.co.uk + kinkyangel.co.uk

^ yes, the original westpoint cadet jacket, which i've been looking for in a small size for years now!

I've been wanting one since a couple of years. I don't have a clue where I would find one here.

there are some that are great but there are others that are just ridiculously embellished

Balmain's are the best imho.

And for the boys Dior Homme par Hedi have some awesome jackets.

men.style.com - ebay

I have those pics since ages...I love these kind of jackets but I don't know how to feel now that are so IN:ermm:

Attachments

• fall2003.jpg
    fall2003.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 170664479_o.jpg
    170664479_o.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
I love this type of jacket. But wasn't it inspired by some kind of military uniform?

camdenguide.co.uk + kinkyangel.co.uk
They were probably inspired by the Hussars uniforms.

1854HussarDolman.gif

VRBG%20tunic.jpg

users.globalnet.co.uk/~thinred

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these jackets with just a bit of the band/military style the overdone jackets in bright colours with the epaulettes and collars and contrast everything bleh. :yuk: I'm envisioning some sort of hipster army, with red and gold thrifted jackets for a uniform. :ninja:

Quite like the sleeve detail on some of them though! I think toned down a little with just some of the trimmings and neutral colours could be really subdued and nice. :flower: Balmain looks okay, and the Balenciaga one Kate Moss has been wearing for however many months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->