Hermès F/W 2018.19 : Imade Ogbewi, Lia Pavlova & Marfa Zoe Manakh by Jack Davison

9sete

Reaction score
Models: Imade Ogbewi, Lia Pavlova, Marfa Zoe Manakh, Anders Hayward, Finnlay Davis & Oliver Kumbi

Hermès

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me back the previous and gorgeous campaigns. This is so in your face, so obvious. There is no mystery.

And of course it's bad AF.

The other model is Imade Ogbewi, the show opener.

I wonder why they make money still

Omg please...time for Nadege to go.

She could not be more boring as creative director. She hasn’t made a single memorable collection, campaign or moment here at the house.

I so miss the early JPG days at Hermès.

This looks extremely dated. Hermès should be all about timelessness but these campaigns make it look like it's stuck in the post financial crisis years, there is zero luxury.

Not my favorite campaign, but I've seen campaigns that are much worse than this. I like the composition of the picture.

Terrible. Bring back Jean Paul Gaultier! Hermes is luxury! Hermes is Paris! Hermes is not Basic! Ditch this boring designer and make Hermes chic again.

I wonder why they make money still

They'll always make money to some extent because the brand identity is immensely strong. The woman on the street will instantly value an Hermes item without having seen it. But houses like Vuitton and Mulberry have over the years made a case for a sort of creative standard (or relevance) beyond just handbags and scarves. The trick seems to be to keep the design directive exclusive from the bread-and-butter accessories. Vuitton seems to be merging it more than ever under Nicolas, but that's rather risky.

The campaign actually looks like a Vuitton campaign shot by Bruce Weber. Hardly commendable. It's actually sad because Hermes always delivered the most amazing campaigns.

For a brand like Hermès, this is just horrible. Where's the creativity in this???

I don't get the negative reaction; Looks luxurious and expensive to me.
Using the accessories as props is GREAT - It's blatant product placement in a more lyrical way.

The magic about Hermès campaigns is that they tell stories and somehow, fashion happen to be a part of that. They are dreamy and aspirational.

I think the only time they really did a « Fashion campaign » recently was with Avedon in 2004.
It was wonderful...

This...Is so boring and dry. As if we needed to see Nadege’s boring designs being the main subject of the ad.

The magic about Hermès campaigns is that they tell stories and somehow, fashion happen to be a part of that. They are dreamy and aspirational.

I think the only time they really did a « Fashion campaign » recently was with Avedon in 2004.
It was wonderful...

This...Is so boring and dry. As if we needed to see Nadege’s boring designs being the main subject of the ad.

I coundn't agree more they lack what u've mentioned. They're super luxury and this is not luxury to me it's catalogue.

menswear:

UK Esquire September 2018 Digital Edition

Shot by Jack Davison. (which is surprising cos this is below his usual quality work :/ )

Wow Jack Davison shot this? Hmm..

Love the scarf images!

I don't get why people still want to see tacky campaigns, like Karlie Kloss playing Cinderella. :sick::sick::sick: This campaign is better!

That particular fairy tale campaign with Karlie might have been tacky, but don't recall any other tacky campaigns by them. I always thought they were poetic and creative. This one is just like any other fashion campaign there is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->