Hermes S/S 2013 Paris

Morphe

Reaction score
src: @FLAREfashion/@JessicaMichault/@halehnia/@stylearabia/10magazine tumblr

I'm really interested to see what Lemaire has come up with this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definetely an upgrade from last spring...totally love the shoes and leather pieces.

Wow, this is his best collection since he joined the house. Glad it skews younger than his last couple, I hated the long layered piece he was doing.

YES! YES! and YES !!
Very chic and feminine, love the prints, amazing silhouettes. Great take on menswear too.
So many great looks like the leather coat on Alana, The white suit or the blouse and skirt on Ajak.
Really strong collection.

If only we can see more of quiet chic like this, total sublime, although I am not a fan of his take on the grey birkin.

This collection is great! Very feminine and chic, I love it!

this is just really nice! Its not really bold, but it has some great pieces and i like how it's a quiet collection and has no literal theme. It feels right for the brand.

Very Chic indeed, the start began slightly boring for Hermes, it was verging on Chanel in some of the looks but it gradually progressed, getting better and better... my only problem is the set, it reminds me of a boring office floor.

The outerwear has to be the highlight, but I sadly have to say this is a very forgettable collection, I don't like to harp on about the past because the future is brighter than the hallowing past, but I do miss Jean Paul Gaultier's take on the Hermes woman, it was still believable but it had a certain electricity to it.

Wow first time since new designer has entered the house this collection is really good.

i'm loving this new direction hermes is going in, they made the right choice switching designers and i'm sure it will show in sales because this is a really nice and wearable collection.

as peoplehave mention before, this is very chic indeed. He played so well with colours, fabrics and patterns... i don't know how to explain it, but im love with this collection. The last dresses were amazing, specially the one that's Suvi is wearing, i truely love it!

It's certainly a very welcome, very different direction to be steering the womenswear in.. I wasn't really appreciative of his voluminous layering either.. but this does seem quite haphazard; is it minimal? is it print-based?
My favourite pieces are the caramel coloured leather coat worn with a harness, the lapis blue alligator shorts, the white blouse worn with the tan skirt and the geometric look towards the end.
But then there's the question of would the woman with a lot of money be buying an alligator top and matching short-shorts?

Out of the two major leather houses that show in Paris, Loewe is still my favourite, but Hermes is getting better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"