Herve Leger - back on the fashion radar

But the Herve Leger name is owned by BCBG and thus they are probably manufacturered out the same factories that BCBG already has associations with.

Referring to the brands rather than the designer behind the brands, "Herve Leger"'s quality seems inferior to "Herve Leroux's". I had the opportunity to view and try them on in the same store recently. Leger's material is thinner in comparison to Leroux's, which used the original bandages/lycra from before Leger was sold to BCBG. Leroux's were firmer and felt like bona fide bandages, which is good for those who required a tighter hold. :smile: Leger's just felt like regular thick lycra and workmanship could be better for the price. Most of Leger's dresses required bustier shapes to fit well.

thanks for the in person comparison, thats very helpful. Do you know who will be carrying the Leroux line?

maxkatesw0.jpg
Celebrity favourite Herve Leger by Max Azria will stage its first show in February during New York Fashion Week. The show, which will take place at Bryant Park on 3 February. It will mark the first time sine the mid-90s that the collection, originally shown in Paris, has been presented on a runway. The event will also mark the first time that an American designer (Max Azria) will produce three fashion shows for three different collections during one fashion week.

Azria will show his contemporary collection, BCBG Max Azria on 1 February and his designer line MaxAzria on 4 February.

wwd

Wow that sounds like a big F-U to Herver who is trying to make his Leroux label better. I thought they were discontinuing the baking of Lerger if Herver was going to do a Leroux label. You'd think Max Azria would have better ethics. Does he not have enough money. He should understand he's a deisger.

My Girls
HERVÉ LÉGER - who cast almost all the major supermodels in his Nineties shows - has revealed that he doesn't show his collections at Fashion Week any more because he finds today's models uninspiring. "If I had to go back to catwalk presentations I would be in a panic...Already the models I find are too skinny, too sad. And I knew the age of the super top models, Linda Evangelista and Cindy Crawford, who were always lively and smiling," Léger said. "Today you go between several défilés and you will see the exact same type of girl - it just doesn't inspire me. Of course I do presentations, I do three presentations a year: spring, fall and cruise, that I show at my showroom and what I like is to have the buyers come to me. They buy, things sell well, and that really gives me the feeling of existing for something because I know that somewhere out there in the world I have clients that adore what I'm doing and that's really reward enough."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/110325-herve-leger-supermodels-linda-evang.aspx

there are several original leger bandage dresses on 1st dibs, the price range is about $1500-2000.

leger's bandage dresses are nice (when i was a kid i used to think it would be neat to make a jacket out of all my grandma's ace bandages :blink: )...but that's the ONLY thing i can think of when i hear leger...i feel like his range is limited...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"