Herve Leger - back on the fashion radar

LiLo wore it and looked dreadful in it = and because there are so many copies out there, I wouldn't buy it. :innocent:

i think it's gorgeous. i really liked it on her. i'm definetely not buying it though. hahaha. unless i can pull that kind of money out of... :innocent: hahaa

S/S 95

I wish these were full length but either way I just love how the clothing fits the models. Everything hugs in all the right places and just accentuates all the positives. The supermodels really had the right look for these dresses - these seem almost designed with them in mind. They're all flawless but the dresses just take them to the next level. I especially love the banded dress on Helena. That color is just to die for!

Its a shame that Léger lost the rights to his name, as deeply business oriented as fashion can get I've always found it remarkably unfair when a person loses their name. There is something so horrid about not being able to use your own name on for your creations.

Image Credit | Corbis.com

Wow! He's so talented, and defitnely making a comeback, he should start showing in Paris fashion week.

ever since bcbg bought his name, he's been working as "hervé l. leroux"

he still designs a new collection every season but never has a big catwalk show during fashion week. he only does showroom presentations. the leroux line is a mix of rtw and couture.

oh, and the new hervé leger label that was relaunched is owned by bcbg...it's all reissues of old designs from the archives and made in hong kong. (www.herveleger.com) :ninja:

So how much do the remake bandage dresses go at? I plan on going to NY at the end of the month and checking out the Leger boutique.

So how much do the remake bandage dresses go at? I plan on going to NY at the end of the month and checking out the Leger boutique.

Depends on the style I have two one cost £650 from selfridges the other 2000 euros from the store in Paris.

Don't go to the Paris store thinking they will have a great range of designs. I was very disappointed at the mostly basic range. The sales lady told me that most of the stuff you see on celebs is either costume made or only available in the LA store. :angry:

ale - do you know who carries his current line under this new name then?

I saw a couple of the dresses when I was last at Selfridges and they were gorgeous. The cuts are amazing so reissues is not so much an issue.....but I don't think I could ever fit into the dresses! eek!

Selfridges range was very poor I was very disappointed in it.

Harrods will be selling the Resort range mid December. I hope they stock a better collection.

Depends on the style I have two one cost £650 from selfridges the other 2000 euros from the store in Paris.

Don't go to the Paris store thinking they will have a great range of designs. I was very disappointed at the mostly basic range. The sales lady told me that most of the stuff you see on celebs is either costume made or only available in the LA store. :angry:

I called the LA store like last winter and she acted as if the "bandage" dresses were foreign. I mean, do you want people to buy them or not :rolleyes:

I'll be in NY wedding shopping, and definitely want a cocktail piece for a my reception!

I called the LA store like last winter and she acted as if the "bandage" dresses were foreign. I mean, do you want people to buy them or not :rolleyes:

I'll be in NY wedding shopping, and definitely want a cocktail piece for a my reception!

I know the LA press office is much the same when I asked them about specific dresses and they did not have much of a clue.

He lost the rights to his name? So are all those dresses that Kim Kardashian wears BCBG or Herve? I'm confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->