Herve Leger

beduina

Reaction score
I'm looking into buy my first Herve Leger dress. For some reason i seem to like the ones from previous seasons, especially Fall 2008. I know there are some styles i can't get hold of anymore unless you get a trusted seller on ebay or the outnet happens to miraculously get more variety from the last 3 season let's say. Do any of you own a Herve Leger? what are they like?
I love this one, what do you guys think? yay or nay?
00190m.jpg

image: style.com

I personally think these Herve Leger bandage dresses were overworn and I just can't look at them the same way again (considering people like Heidi Montag wore them). I actually really liked the bandage dress when I first saw them...but now. :sick:

I tried some of his dresses on a few years ago...where the hell are you going to wear one?every Z lister wears them and I don't want to get mistaken...

Beduina, I think Herve Leger has fabulous dresses, although when I saw them in the real thing at London's Liberty I was in shock: I never realized those bandages were ....some sort of synthetic stretchy material :/ ..I always thought (since they have a nice shine in most photos) they were a silk satin-like mixture (pardon my lack of fashion terminology)
I still think they are very expensive though, for what they look like, but if you really want one, why not head out to London in sales season ?:smile: they have them at liberty, Selfridges and I bet a lot other places too...
I;ve also seen them online at blue&cream .....or you can just search shopstyle.com for matches
If you really want one, go for it, don't let others opinions get to you, you'll be the one wearing the dress, not them :smile:
the one in the photo you just showed is lovely !

^ thanks Elle M, i've been wanting one for quite some time now but i'm not very keen on the ones from last and this season so i'll keep my eyes open for the ones i really like which are mostly from Fall 2008 hopefully a trusted ebay seller or something will come up

oh I see, you want an older one.... well good luck finding the one model you hope for :smile:
sooner or later they'll have to show up

I've got three HL dresses and they're all TDF. I managed to track down an XS of the metal pailette dress Jennifer Lopez wore a few months back (it was on sale too) which is honestly the best thing I think I have ever bought in my life. It's a total investment piece too. I've also got a degrade bandage dress which is amazing, and also a very basic black HL which is great to wear as a base layer and finish off the look with blazers etc.

I adore my HLs, I'm sure members here might think I'm two years too late buying them, but honestly the fit is amazing, and yeah, they're expensive, but out of my three, one in particular is a total showpiece that will pay for itself, and the other is a basic LBD that I know I'm going to get a lot of wear out of.

And yay for the first dress you posted :flower:

OMG! did u get THAT dress rosalynn? it's amazing, i've also seen Shakira wearing it too, that dress is an investment as it is black one.I've been thinking i should buy a plain black instead of a degrade one but i want to see how i get on with it, you know, if i'm comfortable and stuff then, maybe get a black one

Yeah, it's that dress! It was virtually impossible to track down in my size, mediums everywhere but the only XS I could find was in Las Vegas. I didn't have much choice over the colour, but would probably have got the gold anyway.

The beauty of the black bandage dress is that it's a simple building block for a whole look, I mean you can transform the look by just putting on a blazer or a belt or whatever. A degrade one is a classic HL look though, I can see the draw, and that was my first style too. The LBD was on sale so I got it instead of a black tank-style Alexander Wang.

Let us know how you get on!

Rosalynn, do you think you could post some photos of them ? I'd die to see them on you :smile: or at least one out of three :P

I love Herve Leger dresses but they're ridiculously expensive for something so simple.

Thank GOODNESS they're more than enough replicas out there.

Try to get one on sale! I don't think they're worth $2000 but definitely $200. I saw one on sale at the Bloomies, or maybe Nordstroms, don't remember, in San Francisco for $250, and another for $300. The problem was that this was size L and size XS. I tried on the XS and it was a bit too small - I am a S I think - but oh my GOSH was it flattering, even a size too small! It was a lovely red and the quality was sublime. I live in LA and I see them a lot but I think that one with cap sleeves (which I normally hate, but the Herve ones are soooo good, and their tank tops look more Heidi-Montagish to me) in a solid and flattering color is a wardrobe staple. I am definitely going to get one at some point, I'm just keeping my eye out for one on super sale because I know they'll be around forever. I know they've been kind of overdone but there is often a reason why things are so popular, and in this case it's because the dresses look and feel beyond fantastic. It's just a matter of choosing a classy style of the bandage dress, in my opinion.

Great post CarolineRose and I do agree - it's definitely worth waiting for the more basic HL bandage dress to go on sale. My black HL I got from the Matches sale and although it wasn't super cheap, it's paid for itself being (like you say) a wardrobe staple.

Fall 2008 was my absolute favourite.
I own a few pieces. They are pretty thick fabric, and very stretchy. I love the one you posted, the ombre colours are lovely..

I'm looking into buy my first Herve Leger dress. For some reason i seem to like the ones from previous seasons, especially Fall 2008. I know there are some styles i can't get hold of anymore unless you get a trusted seller on ebay or the outnet happens to miraculously get more variety from the last 3 season let's say. Do any of you own a Herve Leger? what are they like?
I love this one, what do you guys think? yay or nay?
00190m.jpg

image: style.com

dreamdoll i love that dress! i think is from fall 2008 too. I did spot a few on ebay but,weren't my size, i have to be careful though as there's quite a few fake dresses on it and my eyes aren't trained on these as i don't own one yet.

That dress was not a Fall 2008 piece, it came out in 2009 (Can't recall which season in 09). It's true, more fakes are popping up these days...quite a shame!

dreamdoll i love that dress! i think is from fall 2008 too. I did spot a few on ebay but,weren't my size, i have to be careful though as there's quite a few fake dresses on it and my eyes aren't trained on these as i don't own one yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->