High Waisted Skirts

Photo70.jpg

Photo69.jpg

This is one I got recently and I love it I think this is a trend that is here to stay

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I hate high-waisted pants, I absoluely love high-waisted skirts. I don't usually wear skirts but these are so flaterring.

I've gotten around to liking high-waist pants (still not on high-waist skinny pants/jeans). Probably the reason you like high-waist skirts more than high-waist pants is probably because skirts are more versatile. Longer skirts can still be raised up to have a high-waist look all your own. Like any skirt just below the knees can be raised up to have a high-waist look from a regular mid-length skirt. I still get confused with "high-waist mini skirt." Like it's a mini, but with a high waist. An obvious no-no would be trying this with a mini skirt.

You can still have a high-waist skirt LOOK even if the skirt in question isn't already high-waisted. So you have some options with skirts. All testament to the versatility skirts provide.

plain.jane, you'll need to provide the sources for those images.

Picture_2353_normal.jpg

My favourite high-waisted skirt can be found at Aritzia. It's by Wilfred. So comfy and very versatile. I also have another by the same brand, except the lower part is a greyish colour with the waist band all black.

My picture. :smile:

Hey does anyone know where can I get a body con black highwaisted skirt online?
I've got a navy blue one from H&M, but I'd like a black version but not leather and not too expensive, thanks :smile:

As much as a high-waist design is a key factor, there's also how the higher waist look looks. The bottoms themselves can be lovely, but if the waistline looks terrible, then so do the bottoms. Same goes for high-waist skirts. Most high-waist skirts I've seen look stylish including with the high waist details. The thing I don't understand are things like high-waist mini-skirts.

If you probably notice, I mostly like non-denim high-waist skirts. Class is what I'm looking for in regards to these high-waist bottoms. There hasn't been a single denim high-waist skirt I've liked. I'm talking about original high-waist skirts, not mid-length skirts hiked up to the waist.

John_M. - mine is definitely high-waisted mini skirt - U can see it some posts above :smile: and it looks really good ...

I did some looking online. What I don't understand about high-waist mini skirts is that- not really a mini skirt. Just a mini skirt with a high waist. So it's not exactly mini. Just never understood them. Same goes for some high-waist shorts (though this thread is about high waist skirts). Just never understood them... Maybe it's just the mini aspect of them that gets me. Because a proper mini is usually of a regular or lower waist rather than a short skirt with a high waist. It's just one of those confusing fashion concepts I haven't yet understood.

first I saw high-waisted mini leather skirt on polish singer on pics in some magazine :wink: I liked it veeeery much that's why when I bought mine - that was originally long I decided to cut it and now I'm happy about its look very much :smile:

high-waisted shorts - hmm I know that there are some funs of it but I don't really like it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the high waisted skirts trend! I think they look especially good on girls with long legs or slim figure but if you do it right, it can look so effortless. I like the fact that you can wear it in so many different ways and it goes well with pratically everything in your wardrobe!

I wouldn't approve of taking a mid-length skirt and hiking it up for a high-waist look... but I wouldn't go as far as calling this look "stupid." And as far as fashion goes, there is no rule book. In fact, part of fashion is experimentation. Sometimes you look "fab," sometimes you become a fashion victim. I still prefer an already high-waist skirt rather than just hike up a skirt for the high-waist skirt look. However, you have to credit the inventive idea of simply hiking up a skirt and sporting a belt (optional). It isn't stupid to me at all. If anything, it's just reminiscent of when femmes wore belts around their waists for a slimming look a few years back.

Long story short: not as stupid a look as one may perceive.

bought just today :

its colour is beautiful... it looks much better in real than in the pic :wink:

Which do you all prefer/like: already high-waist skirts or simply hiking up skirts for a high-waist look?

I prefer already high-waisted skirts :smile: I just think they fit better to the figure :wink:anyway I've never tried to hik up any skirt to make high-waisted look...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->