High-Waisted Trousers

pucci_mama said:
I want some high waisted skinny jeans sooo bad.

I know it's hard to pull off, but I think it's all about proportions.

Been looking for ages, found some on yoox, but had too return them, as they were just not right.:doh:

My search continues...
j brand has just released some in ink (dark blue) and black...fantastic fit.

ChrissyM said:
i really like high-waisted anything these days since most people are loath to wear it...
i have a long torso and shorter legs so i really like the extra length it gives to my body while also giving me the chance to wear something that sets me apart from others
Intermix.com sells lots of high waisted pants and jeans. I tried on the Grey Ant High-Waist Braided Jeans in the dark wash they were fabulous. I may end up going back to get them.

I_killed_couture said:
where are those j brand jeans?
I tried them on at Intermix. They were really nice. They were labeled "High Waisted." The color was ink and they were quite tight...probably not the 10" though.

i bought

a pair of grey ant jeans they are awesome , im ***** fed up of low rise jeans be it boot cut , skinny , or flare, having your gut hangout is just gross , most people think high waisted is bad because they immediately think high waisted and tapered , grey ant jeans are straight cut wide and it hugs your butt , and i tried it on with a david bowie tshirt tucked in , it was bad *** , its like a late 70s school girl but now the material is better and its a look which looks so fresh , makes you look tall and set you apart from tweens and young hollywood skanks a la lindsay lohan and hilary duff :sick: :sick:

could you maybe post pic disco? They sound great...

i dont like the high-waisted trend, looks so awful, it have been hyped here in sweden this season, even if dont see many of it though.

acne have a new very skinny model with high waist, called mix. i tried it and didnt like it, also very uncomfortable, maybe because ive always wear my jeans kinda low. you must have the body for pulling it off, hard imo.

they make you look tall , also for you short girls out there , the girl at intermix was 5'1 and wearing the light blue wash in short size but she looked much taller ( think mila kunis from that 70s show who is petite but wears high waisted too) .Im really happy about my pair though i paid a ton for it , but its hard finding a pair of high rise jeans with a straight wide cut

here's some inspiration for men :smile:

Calvin Klein fw 06
(from gqstyle.com)
00110f.jpg
00190f.jpg
00210f.jpg

how long were the grey ant jeans--- on the website it says a 38 inch inseam...

#170 they look great!
Love them on girls, and male models :heart:

but not boys on reality

i am tall.. adn the last pair i tried on made me look ---shorter... is there a way to balane off the igh waist thing properly to make it look okay on a taller frame?--with a short torso?

laisla said:
Does anyone know where are these from?

I've been looking "all over" for high waisted jeans, but I can't seem to find any that's high enough that I like. I tried on some jeans from Acne, which I really liked (love how simple they are) - but they're not high enough!

yeah

those are by ghost...they made those in very limited number, ive seen them , they look ridiculous except on kate but seriously they have 15 inch rise!!! topshop has some high waisted tapered not skinny pants , when i was in UK i tried them they looked weird , but I like the high waisted slouch trouser with a roomy leg. I do remember they had a high waisted skinny jean in dark blue a la studio 54 , but you have to be really tall and rail thin to put those on but if you can , your lucky!! scandalously sexy jeans!

Thanks disco! I've never even heard of "Ghost", and since they where made in limited numbers, I'll most likely not find them. But I'd probably just look silly anyway, as you pointed out :lol: I'm still looking, tho!

I love this and wish every one still wore their pants like that. All the styles of the past up until the 70's were so great and so glorified. But now a days its so hard to find high waisted pants..

Nanette Lepore sold a pair last season ... I got mine in March or something. I love them, although I can't wear them all the time ... only when my stomach is flat enough!

ETA: because I bought them a size too small!

7c28_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->