Hippie and/or Bohemian Chic

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Kimkhuu, Jun 11, 2004.

1. paradise07

paradise07 New Member

i love the bohemian chic look im extremally into it simply because its different. as most girls in my grade walk around in minis and wifebeaters i love wearing my bohemian outfits ;) im deffinitly into this style

2. superstarjeans

superstarjeans New Member

What is this w/ 'wife beaters'? I'm from the UK...please tell me...confused! :unsure:

3. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

What is this w/ 'wife beaters'? I'm from the UK...please tell me...confused! :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    OH...I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED THAT QUESTION!!!...

a 'wife beater' is a CRIMINAL...what she is referring to is a TANK TOP>>>!!!

wife beater is an unfortunate term some people adopted to refer to this article of clothing once people told them to stop referriing to it as a guinea tee...which was a derogatory term referring to italian americans...

so ...altogether now...a 'wife beater' is a CRIMINAL...NOT AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING!!!!....

:woot: :flower:

;)

4. prixi

prixi New Member

Bohemian is all right. Hippie..not for me.

5. Pigling

Pigling New Member

I've been into this style for about two years now, but I am finding that everyone is doing it, and on some level that makes it less attractive to me!
    Fashion right now is (trying to) scream individualism, but because fashion is a mainstream thing it's a "mismatch" in my eyes! It's very difficult to be different, now that different is in.. I can't really explain it.. hope it makes some sense!

But as I'm getting older (I'm only sixteen, so this sounds really odd), I don't have the same need to stand out! Sometimes it's nice just to be cute and ordinary!!

On the other hand I love dressing up, and I love fashion, but I am glad it's not the only way to express personality, 'cause looks do deceive.. :flower:

6. softgrey

i just got this dress...very bohemian... :p

7. softgrey

and this one... B) :innocent:

8. SophieKawaii

SophieKawaii New Member

I don't follow any style, but more and more ppl ask me if i'm a hippie because i wear such clothes... :lol:
    So, i'm hippie oh yeah. :blush:

9. faust

faust New Member

No!!!!!!!!!!! Too much of a coincidence!!!! My wife was dying for this dress (just 3 days ago), but Jeffrey didn't have her size. Where did you get it?

10. softgrey

faust...got it at barney's on monday...got the lst one though...

they still have it in a lovely red devore velvet/chiffon...i was debating btw the two...the red is very rich and beautiful... ;) :flower:

ps...why are you shopping at that horrible store?!?!?... :blink:

:woot:

11. faust

faust New Member

we were going to Markt, and we needed to kill an hour :innocent:

12. Caroline

Caroline New Member

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

OH...I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED THAT QUESTION!!!...

a 'wife beater' is a CRIMINAL...what she is referring to is a TANK TOP>>>!!!

wife beater is an unfortunate term some people adopted to refer to this article of clothing once people told them to stop referriing to it as a guinea tee...which was a derogatory term referring to italian americans...

so ...altogether now...a 'wife beater' is a CRIMINAL...NOT AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING!!!!....

:woot: :flower:
    ;)
    [snapback]297533[/snapback]​
    [/quote]

:lol:

wife beater or tank top is also called vest in uk

14. missy-t1

missy-t1 New Member

Is Sienna's style bohemian? I also would like to see pics for each different trend, as softgrey mentioned on the 1st page..what is the pirate look? for this i can only think of eye patches, parrot on shoulder, a hooked arm, very bad teeth and basically looking really messy! have i missed anything out? pics of celebs or yourself! just so its clear in my head what each trend is defined as.

AS for the 'wife beater's Ryan from the OC mentioned that and I was like :blink:

#54 missy-t1, May 31, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : May 31, 2005
  15. BCBG freak

BCBG freak New Member

i absolutely love this look. i've just recently dared to go into it (my "ex" style was very polished, preppy, and sharp)... but im glad to find out that i can pull of many looks :D i assured myself haha!
    but back to the boho look. i've just stocked up on about 20 new, full length skirts.

heaven.

16. Plastic'sWife

Plastic'sWife New Member

I kinda tried this look this weekend- I bought a flowing long skirt and wore it with a mens undershirt/white tank top (I dont like the term 'wife-beater' either), some flat flip flip sandals and silver hoop earings.
    Not for me really, I felt short (since I normally wear heels) and I just didnt felt a little frumpy.
    Tho it is comfortable as heck to toss the Manolos for a day!

17. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

^ Agreed it is very comfortable. I am sure you looked really cute. :flower:

18. sssanguine

sssanguine New Member

I hate GAP bohemians and the aforementioned Starbucks hippies, ugh....

19. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

^ What on earth is a Gap boho supposed to look like!? They don't even sell boho stuff at Gap, well some of their stuff is a BIT boho......., but NOT boho.....

20. sssanguine

sssanguine New Member

you know those eyelet skirts everyone and their 6 year old daughters are wearing? the freakin jesus/greek inspired sandals that even old navy is selling? the paisley headbands.. just basically the mass production of the bohemian trend. i don't like seeing 20 college girls wearing the same eyelet skirt with the tan shrug and brown canvas bag while shopping in Charlotte Russe or Forever21. This is just purely me though.