historical references circa 1500-1600

Discussion in 'Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion' started by oomarhatelier, Nov 29, 2005.

1. oomarhatelier

oomarhatelier Active Member

Hello guys, how r u? i would ask you if you could help me.
    well, i study for fashion designer and every end of the year (june) we make a show wich every student make own creations.
    so this year i will produce mine 2 or 3 dresses, i'll start in december to choose texture, make graphics and everythigs.

This year the theme to get inspiration is the '1500', the clothes im going to do are haute couture. but not necessary.

i would tell you if you have some material about this time, some pics, info, clothes and everythings is ok for me, or as alternative see some collections with me about some actual designers that got inspiration from that time (if i dont wrong this winter a lot of designers were inspired by that era, like gucci no?)

i wanna make amazing clothes, i wanna be a professionist and be determinated, so, i wanna put all myself in this work because my clothes must be the best, the most capturing.
    i hope you understeand my help and my objection to make a hot show:blush:
    so even if you make a minim contribute i will be endlessy grateful.
    i thank you in advice, i know you're always nice and amazing.

love you all
    :heart: :heart: oomarh:heart: :heart:

2. mirrra

mirrra sleeping

#2 mirrra, Nov 29, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 29, 2005
  3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

excellent links mirrra, btw, this is one of my fave eras in the history of fashion

wishing you great inspiration and originality oomarhatelier :flower:

4. oomarhatelier

oh god, thank you so much mirra, these links are full of ideas for me!! the paints are amazing, i'm so thank you!!!!!
    also thanks for your advice, i absolutely will!
    u made a great part of my work, still THANKS!
    after i will show you 2 or 3 drafts about mine dress, just for give you an idea, i'm uploading them:P
    :wink:

thanks lena:D:lol:

5. EmmyDesigns

EmmyDesigns New Member

Ok i no this sounds really obvious but go to see plays ect, and go to museums. This should help you find ideas and insperations!
    Peace
    Emmy
    x

6. emi25

emi25 New Member

I hope this doesnt sound rude...but the RESEARCH is one of the most important parts of a designers (or creative people in general) work...so do it well... it's an ongoing thing with sketchbooks, pieces of fabric, flyers, pages from magazines, snapshots, postcards.etc...

You never know when you are going to use thoose things..but something made you choose them..

I studyed fashiondesign in Milano long time ago and I went to maybe 4 exibitions a week..after a while the gallerists thought I was a journalist cos I was always around with my sketchbook...

good luck!

7. oomarhatelier

really??? in wich school did u study? because i'm from milan and i would like to go to the 'istitute MARANGONI' right in milan. do you know?

well, thanks for the advice, i'm doing all my best about that, i'm even studyng the 'b*tches'/call girls (sorry for the rude words but i dont konw the right word:doh: ) outfits, just for have a complete point of view. i'm really determinate as person, especially when i have to work about a mine thing,
    your advice are really important for me guys, u're helping me so much
    again thank you

thanks emmy
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    oomarh

8. sinople

sinople New Member

[QUOTE=oomarhatelier
    This year the theme to get inspiration is the '1500', the clothes im going to do are haute couture. but not necessary.

If you can find a library that has them (I don't know that they're available in any language other than English, but you'll mostly be going for the pictures), Janet Arnold's books Patterns of Fashion are amazing. She documents surviving garments from that period, including detail photos and line drawings of the pieces (including the individual pattern pieces). The books were recommended to me by a former coworker who has worked for several large opera companies in their costume departments.

9. oomarhatelier

10. oomarhatelier