Holiday #387 S/S 2021 : The 'Ethiopia' Issue

I didn't know Liya had a daughter so big! This magazine really produces some stellar work (that story with Imaan from a couple seasons ago lives in my mind rent free), so I'm excited to see what they have to offer for the summer. I wish Liya's cover wasn't as blurry so that we could see her face more, I had no idea it was her when I saw this on Instagram earlier.

Nora Attal's cover for Vogue Paris would've felt right at home in this magazine.

Hope it improves from this. I tend to love Holiday because it makes you want to travel and places are captured through a lens with some fashion sensibility without making it seem like a stupid, luxurious vacation or a National Geographic report. The three covers above seem to fall either in the latter or in a standard 'fashion shoot in New York' category. It doesn't look very exciting but I'm crossing fingers it's just a bad preview and that we get to see Ethiopia's lush greens and insane fauna and textiles at some point.

The Liya's cover is to blurry, but the preview of her editorial is stunning & every photo works as a bunch of beautiful portraits.

I have difficulties to be excited because Sadli is very meh when it is about photographing in colors and his b&w work is quickly meh when there is not a strong styling. Their best issue is the Egypt one with Barbieri and Imaan.

i must say i was waiting for more, the editorial is looking quite disjoined... i mean this hereditary affair combined with this teenage lolita-esque-preppish styling on a mature Liya looks kinda disturbing and bad, her daughter would look much more comfortable in it. I don't mind studio shot with creative and strong styling, but only few shots with boyish attire work here...

photo Karim Sadli
model Liya Kebede with daughter
style Max Pearmain
Make up Stephane Marais
hair Damien Boissinot

dnamodels

My favorite image by far is the one of Liya on the floor in Paco Rabanne dress near the end of the story. Editorial as a whole is quite a disappointment, it does indeed feel disjointed. It's a shame considering that Liya and Sadli worked quite well together last year in Vogue Paris.

My favorite image by far is the one of Liya on the floor in Paco Rabanne dress near the end of the story. Editorial as a whole is quite a disappointment, it does indeed feel disjointed. It's a shame considering that Liya and Sadli worked quite well together last year in Vogue Paris.
and Zara, they had also a long editorial together

Beautiful story by QDB.

Would love to see Holiday incorporate more local contributors (of the chosen destination) in their issues tho.

Beautiful story by QDB.

Would love to see Holiday incorporate more local contributors (of the chosen destination) in their issues tho.
they did so with previous St Pete issue, i guess here they also have some

they did so with previous St Pete issue, i guess here they also have some

Oh, that's great! Wish it was a main editorial or something tho...it doesn't seem that any of the bigger pieces went to someone Ethiopian.

HQs

Photographs by Krisztián Éder
Stylist Tony Irvine
model Toni Smith
Hairstylist Tamas Tuzes
Make-up artist Benjamin Puckey

krisztianeder

Photo Sean Thomas

gl-6059c211-3a40-4bb2-86a0-1952ac110002.jpg

maworld

“Photographs by Krisztián Éder
Stylist Tony Irvine
model Toni Smith
Hairstylist Tamas Tuzes
Make-up artist Benjamin Puckey”

Gorgeous editorial, the styling is perfection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->