Holmes & Yang

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Marpessa, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Marpessa

Marpessa New Member

It was announced by WWD back in August, and here are the 2 sneak peek photos.

WWD piece:
    "After a few months of modeling teaser pieces, Katie Holmes, who’s clearly intent on proving she’s not a one-trick pony (Broadway, “So You Think You Can Dance?”), is ready to unveil Holmes & Yang, the collection she’s been designing with her stylist, Jeanne Yang. The duo’s “premium designer” line, which includes women’s and children’s wear — presumably inspired by Suri Cruise — and is said to be full of classic fare, will launch exclusively at Maxfield in Los Angeles for fall."

Everything is navy or white with black accents.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

via celebcity

2. zamb

zamb New Member

another celibrity gaerbage line that will have its 18 months and then disappear..............

3. sedirea

sedirea New Member

Lol $575 for little girl dresses. Give me a break.

4. Marpessa

Marpessa New Member

They started it a few days ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all via style.com: http://www.style.com/peopleparties/parties/scoop/losangeles-092409_Holmes_Yang_Launch_LA/

5. s0436

s0436 Member

Katie is wearing a Yang & Holmes white top in that photo. Looks ugly.

6. genevica

genevica New Member

I don't think it looks ugly... just very unoriginal.

Neither of the "designers" of Holmes & Yang are actually designers.

So unoriginality is what one would expect.

7. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

She has worn Holmes and Yang on two occasions:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    zimbio

If this is any indication of what's to come, then oh dear...

8. kimair

kimair frozen

[​IMG]
    Clockwise from top: Katie Holmes in her own clothes. Satin and lace peep-toe pumps, Christian Louboutin, $995. Jeanne Yang in her own top, jeans, and jewelry. Suede and silk jacket, Holmes & Yang, $3,375, collection at Maxfield, L.A., Barneys New York. On models: Silk crepe de chine blouse, $945, silk crepe de chine trousers, $940, both, Holmes & Yang. Suede and silk jacket, $3,375, Chantilly lace and Lycra silk dress, $2,750, both, Holmes & Yang. Silk crepe de chine dress, $1,275, suede and silk jacket, $2,500, baby alpaca hat, $250, all, Holmes & Yang.

elle.com

#8 kimair, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by moderator hellothere: Jul 22, 2010
  9. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

yeah sure the jumpsuit was "commented on":rolleyes:..it was almost universally derided in the tabloids when she showed up in that monstrosity...

the black and cream chevron long tank dress is OK.

10. LolaSvelt

LolaSvelt New Member

Forgot that she also wore this:
    [​IMG]
    zimbio

11. Jungla_Juana

Jungla_Juana technicolor tweed

so... the elle article is a sugarcoating of the fact that:
    - they have no formal training
    - they unapologetically copy existing garments

you know, I can try to live with another fauxlebrity line but NOT openly knowing that I'm being sold a $950 blouse made by two people whose fashion cred begins and stops at their "trouser lining" anecdote.

Homegirls have just boarded the Balmain crazy train.

was it so hard to say they hired a team of designers?! even the Olsens said they worked with patternmakers and seamstresses for The Row.

12. ChristianThomas

I found the most funny part is where they began about how both learned to sew at an early age. As if they ever did any sewing in the past let's say 10/20 years or ever did it seriously and besides that fact they learned how to home-sew from their mothers, they wouldn't know one bit on how to properly deal with the luxury fabrics that they're working with.

13. Mad4Katie

Mad4Katie New Member

Spring 2011 RTW

Spring 2011 (1).jpg

Spring 2011 (2).jpg

Spring 2011 (3).jpg

Spring 2011 (4).jpg

Spring 2011 (5).jpg

Spring 2011 (6).jpg

Spring 2011 (7).jpg

Spring 2011.jpg

barneys.com

14. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Active Member

beyond boring and irrelevant. i wouldn't wear any of these pieces....

15. thedanae

thedanae tFS STAFF

16. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

The line sold well at Barney's here when they made a personal appearance. I did not take off work to go :innocent: The pieces look well-made, I like that they're made in the US ... but I've not been tempted to try anything on. The pieces seem to be a bit too basic, and not crazy about their choice of accent colors. I do like the basic idea though of things that are not so memorable that people clock you wearing them again. Not crazy about the leather trim. I do find the built-in Spanx interesting ...

17. D A N A

D A N A Active Member

Seriously?? Who would buy that??? If they're gonna tag that kind of price for those garments make it more original....

18. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

Katie Holmes hires stepdaughter Bella as her new fashion apprentice

By Daily Mail Reporter

Talk about keeping it in the family.
    Actress-turned-fashion designer Katie Holmes has enlisted some help with her blossoming clothing line Holmes & Yang from someone close-to-home.

She has hired her 18-year-old stepdaughter Bella Cruise, the adopted daughter of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, as an intern at the company, the actor has revealed

'Kate’s designing and [Bella] is just working her way up,' Mission: Impossible star Tom told People magazine at the Simon Wiesenthal Center and Museum of Tolerance National Tribute Dinner in Beverly Hills last week.
    "She’s an artist, Bella, so it’s really great that she gets to work with it,' he added. 'She’s loving it.'
    The young budding designer just returned from a trip to New York, where she was being shown the ropes of the growing company.
    'This is my wife’s company, so you talk about movie sets with me, I can tell you [about] that,' he joked with a laugh.
    'You’ve got to go to all these different factories and verify and make sure you get the correct clothes,' he said. When asked if he was proud of his daughters talents and aspirations, he responded: 'I am! It’s wonderful!'
    Katie Holmes' clothing line was launched in May 2011 in collaboration with designer Jeanne Yang.

'We just wanted to do comfortable clothes that you can wear going from a meeting to being a mom to going on a date,' Katie said of the collection at the time admitting that her daughter and Jeanne's two daughters had been a large inspiration. (dailymail.co.uk)

Attached Files:

19. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ I wonder if they will be branching into plus sizes ...

20. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Beyoooond boring. Id only pay that much $$$ if twas the best quality and still I dont think the silhouette is too flattering. It looks like something people over 60 would wear.

PS Fashionista-ta! OMFG! Beee-haave!