Hong Kong Shopping

Constance

Reaction score
A most dynamic and fashion-conscious cities,
from the legendary tai-tais (ladies who lunch)
to the numerous tourists,
and everyone in between.

this is shopping town.

what and where are the best shops?
when are the best times to buy?
(ie sale dates)

please share your favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Constance,

From the original Fashion Tai Tai...I live here..
Sales Time starts now...all stores have a VIP membership which is happening now, and open to the public starting Monday.

Best Shopping:
IFC Lane Crawford in central - ( akin to Barneys but feels more refined)
IFC Mall For all top end brands - cavalli , Dior etc
harvey Nichols/ Landmark for all European brands/ designers
Causeway Bay - fashion island for japanese labels ( A/T, Comme ca/IT,De mop, As Know as, etc)
Times Square -Causeway bay for main stream( zara, club Monaco Espirt etc)
Back lanes of Times Square for individual boutiques
Harbour City Mall - TST for Japanese and Local Stores( soul sistyr. sisytr moonetc and some brands such as sportmax , AX, CK - also Lane Crawford store good for individual designer labels
Millenium city mall - accross the board fashion/ Lifestyle
Pacific Place - Mid to high end - Prada , Mui Mui, Dior, Chloe, as well as usual mango/zara/esprit
Joyce - central - for individual designer labels
DMop Central for really individual labels

Best kept secrest has to be the Joyce outlet store in Horizon Plaza apliu Chau. Last seasons deisgner Garb at 50%

For those on a budget - stanley market has factory overuns and makes good browsing on a sunday

ladies Market Mong KoK- fantastic for all the latest Copy Bags and watches for those that dont mind fakes ( personally i dont do fakes but plenty of my fashion customers do)

and If you have the time Lo Wu plazas just accross the border is a 5 story shopping mall of every fake fashion item you could wish for - LV loo roll holders included.

HK Girl said:
From the original Fashion Tai Tai...I live here..
Sales Time starts now...all stores have a VIP membership which is happening now, and open to the public starting Monday.

Hahaha, I love your self-description! :lol: Salute to Fashion Tai Tai! :P :flower: Yes, Hongkong does have an amazing fashion shopping scene. BTW, Martin Margiela's boutique will be open pretty soon, am I right? :wink:

thanks!

does lane crawford and harvey nicks (HK) have outlet stores?

What about guys stuff? Other than D-mop, medium rare, Juice, I.T, JOYCE, TWIST. Any other places to shop for nice menswear? Is the Dior Homme store opened already?

Hk Shopping

For menswear try the boutiques at the Back of Times square - many Japanese Brands for casualwear.
Lane Crawford in Pacific Place has a strong menswear selection through casual and smart casual with many Latest and up coming brands.Lane Crawford IFC smaller selection.
Unfortunately dont rate Harvey Nics selection - trying too hard but missing the mark - I doubt they are doing well.
Wold love to find lane crawford outlet but I suspect they have good sell through so not much left over to outlet - (currently on 40% discount to VIP cardholders so all the best going fast... who can resist!!:(heart:

hi. I'm a die-hard-hk-shopaholic sister (literally, SISTER coz my brother lives there). SO basically, I'm in hk at least once a year.

Aside from the shops mentioned, i loved going to this place in causeway bay called ISLAND BEVERLEY. The shops there are fab! It's not your usual commercialized U2 or g2000. Lots of young designers'stores with affordable prices. I LOVE, LOVE THAT PLACE! There are lots of shops that carry different merchandise from the other.

I've been to the JOYCE OUTLET at the horizon plaza and I LOVE IT! I was able to score a costume national green flat sandals before for, guess what, 90HK (that's about 12 US dollars). Also some HUgo Boss sandals and other nice tops as well. They also carry Chloe shoes for like 70 off the retail price. Their selection is fab but wait till July/August where they really slash the prices. There's also a LAne Crawford outlet in the same buidling. It's easy to find it, there's a directory at the lobby where you can see all the shops.

I love going to PRINCE EDWARD market. FOr me, that's way better than Mongkok or Stanley Market. I've scored a few BCBG and Diane von Furstenburg dresses there. You just have to have the patience to look around coz there are 2 blocks full of stalls, plus there are boutiques on both sides of the street. I suggest you scour every single boutique there for good finds (my aunt was able to snatch a few Laundry dresses, which cozt about 400hk each).

On pedded is a great shoe store...their collection is TO DIE FOR!!! They also carry Tom Ford Shades etc.

Yeah, best place to shop is CAUSEWAY BAY...they have everything there! If you stay at Tsim sha tsui, go to silvercord, it's a small mall across louis vuitton. There's an I.T. outet there. Prices are slash liked 70 to 90 off.

stylepod.blogspot.com

I'm planning to go there in Christmas for the shopping and my friend is also coming...I have godparents there and I've never met them...

youll have a great time..
3 - 5 days would cover any " culture" but shopping here is mind numbing.
I am a professional shopper ( my job is shopping for trends) and I have yet to go anywhere that can equal HK for sheer volume of shopping.
Not sure the oz dollar is strong right now so you may find it expensive if you are " brand shopping" or out drinking.
Definately there are great malls/ markets where you can find bargains if you are prepared to hunt

I'm going to hong kong at the end of this week, and I was wondering what would be good things to shop for in the markets. Well, good things aside from kock-offs that is, I'm not too keen on those. What should I be on the lookout for as to what I can get cheaper than in the states but also of good quality?

bed sheets, comforters and other home accessories in prince edward market are cheaper. the markets there are also a goodsource of
baby clothes andchildren's clothes, some are export overruns.

robyn117 said:
bed sheets, comforters and other home accessories in prince edward market are cheaper. the markets there are also a goodsource of
baby clothes andchildren's clothes, some are export overruns.

are u talking about "garden st" in prince edward?:wink:

HK Girl said:
For menswear try the boutiques at the Back of Times square - many Japanese Brands for casualwear.
Lane Crawford in Pacific Place has a strong menswear selection through casual and smart casual with many Latest and up coming brands.Lane Crawford IFC smaller selection.
Unfortunately dont rate Harvey Nics selection - trying too hard but missing the mark - I doubt they are doing well.
Wold love to find lane crawford outlet but I suspect they have good sell through so not much left over to outlet - (currently on 40% discount to VIP cardholders so all the best going fast... who can resist!!:(heart:
the Lane Crawford warehouse is also at Ap Li Chau...it's at the same building af Joyce warehouse

But I'm sure you'll be very disappointed, as there really isn't much things selling. However there is also an On Pedder outlet inside the Lane Crawford warehouse, verrrry many designer's shoes.

Medium Rare @ Causewaybay. Its just opposite SOGO, Near Excelsior hotel.
They stock a selected range of Pledge, Lounge Lizard and Lad Musician if im not wrong. They are having sales right now but im not too sure whether they still have any nice stuff though.

theRenaissance said:
Medium Rare @ Causewaybay. Its just opposite SOGO, Near Excelsior hotel.
They stock a selected range of Pledge, Lounge Lizard and Lad Musician if im not wrong. They are having sales right now but im not too sure whether they still have any nice stuff though.
the S/S collection of Pledge wasn't so nice...at least it's not as good as the previous ones. but I'm sure that there're still many nice Lad Musician t-shirts and they're on SALE.

You sure? Everytime I visit Medium Rare there are always left with the smaller sizes / out of stock. Perhaps Im just unlucky.

theRenaissance said:
You sure? Everytime I visit Medium Rare there are always left with the smaller sizes / out of stock. Perhaps Im just unlucky.
Yes, it's because most of its customers are quite small in size...haha...you know, most of the Hong Kong people are short and skinny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->