Hosiery - Stylish Or Tacky?

I think black tights are going to be a major staple of mine this fall/winter. I think their very classic, & can dress up any outfit. I'm so ready for it to get cold here because I've already stocked up on tights. I've mainly stuck to black and grey color wise, but some are footless and some are even textured. I used to mainly just stick to pants during the wintertime, but seeing the different ways of wearing tights on runways and in fashion editorals lately has made me want to experiment with the different looks. I'm prepared! lol, I even have a rackfull of sweater dresses on hold @ work that I'm waiting to buy.

if I'm dressing up for something formal, -basically most situations where i'd wear pumps- weddings, funerals, job interviews or at work, I wear sheer nude hose. I think it looks more respectful & more dressed up than nude legs

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the pacific northwest - and wear lots of black tights, patterned tights, and dark lace "pantyhose" or whatever you call them. Here's a pair of dkny tights from 1 or 2 years ago I wore:

marniandsocks.jpg

picture, my own

Anyone have pictures of yourselves wearing your favorite hosiery?

If the setting is right then I'd have to wear sheer hoisery. I've seen a few looks that I've liked. Black skirt and sheer very black hoisery:heart: .

have your tried opaque black stockings? I just bought one. I just can't find anything to match with it

Sometimes I wear stockings. I especially love a pair of dark thigh highs, with a back seam and a pencil skirt. :crush: And not only are they good for warding off the cold, they're great for hiding less then perfect skin. Just don't wear open toed shoes with them. It just doesn't work.

Tacky or Stylish, Hoisery is a reality for many women who work in a professional environment-

not an option

^agreed. i've had to wear sheer nude nylons for the past few interviews i've been on, and i have to admit i've started to enjoy wearing them. the key is to make sure it's the right color for your skin tone otherwise it can be :sick:... esp if it's too white.

so i'm looking for some marigold/goldenrod/mustard opaque tights for a friend for christmas and am failing with great aplomb. no one's happened upon any in a u.s. chain store by chance have they?
regardless, thank youu for taking the time to read my scintillating post.

I believe hosiery is awesome and sometimes necessary like in the business world.

I love hosiery, for its practical reasons as much as for its aesthetics.

Nudes are great for work, thick black stockings are practical in winter and matches most winter dresses / skirts. I adore patterned stockings, and colourful ones for a fun outfit. Just stay away from the fishnets I say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->