Hot Showers Vs. Cold Showers

I have to have a warm to hot shower. it makes me feel like a million dollars. I love to get steamy & it's the only way to soap, shampoo and shave close. But then pat dry with a towel, don't rub too hard with a towel. pat dry.

I usually shower in pretty hot showers, then I put it to colder and colder..
I actually enjoy cold showers, especially when it's warm outside

Neither. I have it warm when it is cold and cool when it is hot. Though I tend to start warm and turn it cooler and cooler (but not so much that I'm freezing).

I always enjoy a shower that gets colder and colder as you go along. I find it makes me look more fresh as well.

My showers used to be warm/hot water the entire time, but after reading this thread I decided to add some cold water in, and by the end of the shower the water was ice cold. Afterwards, my hair felt great! Not only that, but I found that the cold water was very refreshing after an entire shower of hot water.

I usually take warm ones, even though I like cool water for some of it during this time of year and I end it with cold water.

I like warm ones, but if it's after I've worked out then it's definitely COLD!

I couldnt have a cold shower.. i have a warm shower then i blast my self with a quick last of cold.. surpost to increase cirulation cut celulite etc. and make your hair shiney

I always take a 5 minute hot then 5 minute cold shower, i heard if you take a cold shower it helps burn calories because it takes more energy for your body to heat up again, that's why i do it.

Hot shower first, then cold shower...
With the hot shower, your skin pores will open ..great time for exfoliating, rinsing and using some rich cream ... the cold shower will close your pores and it's great for blood circulation!

Amen. 100% true!

Another good thing about cold showers is that it revs up your metabolism (because your body burns more calories to keep yourself warm). :lol: I try to finish every warm shower with a few minutes of cold water.

I definitely always have warm showers.

I read that a quick rinse of your hair under cold water will make it shiny. But I don't know how true that is in the least. :lol:

I can only have warm. Not hot not cold. I try and have a quick cold blast at the end but I really have to build myself up to it. Haha. I usually just take the shower off the hook and blast my thighs, I can't do an all over cold. Brrrr.

warm shower and at the end a mix of warm and cold (i mix about 4 times - always ending with cold). It's supposed to be VERY good for your health.

I don't care, I can't have a shower that's not hot (unless it's hot weather), even though it ruins my scin and hair.

i like a warm/hot shower and a splash of cold after
refreshing ^_^

otherwise i just take steaming baths

I always have warm showers. My boyfriend takes showers that are so hot he almost passes out. (If anyone has an info to scare him out of doing this, please don't hesitate to contact me :wink:) I can't take steaming hot showers because I find that I can't breathe after a while and that freaks me out more than the heat of the shower. I'm interested in this whole "showering warm/hot, then cold at the end" deal. How long do you stand under the cold shower? Seconds, or minutes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"