How do you make your skin smooth and flawless? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we know is that UVA/UVB rays generate free radicals and reactive oxygen species in skin and they break down collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, damage DNA etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_oxygen_species
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-radical_theory

Simple sugars are said to be related to a process called glycation that also causes aging in theory.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycation

I'm not sure about which of them is the most aging one or are there some other things involved. For example, I don't get any sun exposure at all, I'm pale, I use sunscreen daily, have never baked on a beach or in a tanning bed, live indoors most of the time, behind curtains and under sunscreen, but I still get loss of elasticity and fine lines. :doh: But I tend to eat normally most of the time, means I get the usual amount of simple carbs, I've given up drinking and smoking, but something still ages me although I use antioxidant serums religiously. Only thing that is lacking in my life is regular exercise, so I believe that adequate physical activity is also very important anti-aging factor. When I exercise or go for a run regularly my skin looks much better, lines seem to plump out and skin becomes firmer and then I look younger than I actually am. But just sun avoidance, normal diet and advanced skincare with antioxidants alone do not work for me that well.
And I'm not sure about the genetics factor, thats beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone reluctant about white tea has to buy this from trader joes, only 2 bucks

traderjoes1-245x300.jpg

http://www.teareviewblog.com/?p=5284

What would you say about putting vitamin E on your skin. I heard that this is really good and does wonders and stops skin ageing, so I've been using this method for the past two weeks. But now I've been hearing mixed comments about that, what do you think?

and I have another question about vitamins. I've read many times that models can use about 20 pills of vitamins a day. What do they use that there are so many pills??? What vitamins and how many of them do you use? And what's better - multivitamins or plain vitamins in different pills? My mother is a doctor and she is buying me multivitamins, but I dont know she was never too much into beauty... And I want to be shockingly pretty! :smile:)

I'm not claiming my skin is flawless, but I do want to rave about rose water!

It's so awesome for my skin. I use it as a toner after cleansing and it makes my skin clear, soft and smooth.
The one I have has lactic acid in it as well, so I think that helps.
And the smell is lovely.

Gian_Franco:
I use vitamin e as a moisturiser, and my skin is perfectly clear and moisturised because of it. (i just dont "glow")

and I dont know what other models use, but i know i take upwards of 6 a day.. and thats only because ive run out of my others
a multivitamin, spirulina, kelp, calcium, fish oil, probiotics, vitamin c, multi b, iron, and i have a liquid version of silica

and Sara_1987: i have heard that works wonders! is it similar to rose-hip oil?

Gian_Franco:
and Sara_1987: i have heard that works wonders! is it similar to rose-hip oil?

I'm not sure. I've never used rosehip oil.
Rose water is very common here. You find it in all drug stores. My grandma uses it as well!

Gian_Franco:
I use vitamin e as a moisturiser, and my skin is perfectly clear and moisturised because of it. (i just dont "glow")

and I dont know what other models use, but i know i take upwards of 6 a day.. and thats only because ive run out of my others
a multivitamin, spirulina, kelp, calcium, fish oil, probiotics, vitamin c, multi b, iron, and i have a liquid version of silica

do you use vitamin E mornings and evenings? I'm using it only in the evenings, in the mornings I use Dr. Hauchka cream.
And I'll be buying a lot of vitamins for sure :smile:

What would you say about putting vitamin E on your skin. I heard that this is really good and does wonders and stops skin ageing, so I've been using this method for the past two weeks. But now I've been hearing mixed comments about that, what do you think?

and I have another question about vitamins. I've read many times that models can use about 20 pills of vitamins a day. What do they use that there are so many pills??? What vitamins and how many of them do you use? And what's better - multivitamins or plain vitamins in different pills? My mother is a doctor and she is buying me multivitamins, but I dont know she was never too much into beauty... And I want to be shockingly pretty! :smile:)
I really think you should take you mother's advice. After all, she knows more about it than the rest of us :wink: A multi-vitamin tablet should be fine, no reason to go out and buy a bunch of different pills.

do you use vitamin E mornings and evenings? I'm using it only in the evenings, in the mornings I use Dr. Hauchka cream.
And I'll be buying a lot of vitamins for sure :smile:

yeah i just use it at night unless ive been swimming so my skin doesnt dry out.
when the winter gets colder ill probably start using it in the morning as well.
i just use the bio oil in the morning..

I use Witch Hazel products- they leave your skin really fresh and clean.

What can I do against an uneven skin tone? I am a bit red in my T-Zone and the area around my nose. My skin texture is also a bit uneven. I don't necessarily have pimples, my skin just isn't as smooth as I would like it to be. I guess you could say I have spots.

Any recommandations? Routine and/or product wise?

^There are various anti-redness primers, they are usually bright green (it's the complementary shade to red). L'Oréal has one in their "studio secrets" line. I think you also know Alverde cosmetics. They make one as well which I use myself and it works just fine. They are probably a lot more.

I think you also know Alverde cosmetics.
As you already mentioned-I love love Alverde! Cheap and good quality.:woot: I use several their products and they're all indespensable.

Their products are truly wonderful, I have to agree. I just never know in which countries they're available so I'm always a little reluctant to recommend them. :blush:

^^Haha, me too, that's why I always check one's profile to see where they come from, but sometimes you can't really see that. I think DM (Drogerie Markt) has some pretty good products, for example Balea has this Aqua Serum, which is my fav and probably the best moisturizer I've ever had.

^I recommend a drop of jojoba oil with your regular moisturizer.

I don't know about your skin type but my skin gets congested unbelievably easily and jojoba oil has not broken me out at all. It keeps my skin well-moisturized despite using M2 lotion (a mandelic acid based lotion) and retinol cream--both which are drying.

So I've come to realize that I have skin that isn't going to age well. I just turned 20 and I already have a few small lines that I know will be prominent wrinkles in the future. My skin has lost a lot of its elasticity and it just doesn't look as good as it used to. Is there any way to prevent this from progressing or possibly any way of restoring/rejuvenating my skin?

Gl4morous:

I don't know if this will help or not, but lately I've been using an egg white mask every few days...you just seperate the white from an egg and beat it with a whisk. Apply it to the face, then let it dry and keep it on for like 20-30 mins and wash off. It's literally like a natural facelift. The next few days after I apply it, my skin is so tight and lifted...it also glows. Best thing I've ever used! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->