How do you part your hair?

UNiQFashionista

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa
Reaction score
How do you know which part looks best on you?
I'm always torn between the middle part and the side part...i personally like the look of everyone with a middle part...but ive had some ppl tell me i look better with a side part...

do certain face shapes look better with certain parts? what are your thoughts?

Gahh, I wish I could remember where I heard this -think it was in sexuality class- but if your face isn't perfectly symmetrical, you can pull off a side part better. :huh: I believe that's right... pretty darn.

^ That makes sense.

I usually have a side part. But now that I have a full fringe, it looks weird so I've shifted to a middle part.

Me too. I had a side part before I got my thick bangs back. They want to move to the side so every single day, I have to make a real effort to straighten and train them. -_-

I used to have thick, straight bangs. Now they've grown out to around my cheek bone and my jawline. Sometimes I wear my bangs like a side fringe or plaited but usually I pin them back - sometimes straight back and other times just above my ear.
^_^

I have curly hair, and I just wear it in a centre part, I'm lazy with my hair and I don't have to do anything with it if I wear it like that

centre parts look horrible on me, i suppose i have an asymmetrical face then haha!
i prefer a side part, usually on the left. i'm thinking about getting a little side fringe once my hair grows out a bit tho :smile:

hmm that makes sense papa- wow- they teach u that in a sexuality class, i dont have symmetrical face....hmm..maybe i should take pictures of myself with both and compare it myself..but i always think that i am not the best judge

It depends but usually I wear it in a centre part. It doesn't take so much effort as a side part (at least for me) and the theory about asymmetrical faces may be true but tbh I think that almost everyone looks better with a centre part :blush: But that's probably just my preference :P

I wear mine not perfectly centered, but slightly to my left, to others right. I dont part my hair though, it just does what it wants to that day, so sometimes more centered and sometimes more to the side.

i used to always do a centre part ..in my high school days. and i'd have wavy hair that would roll back to my ears. i remember it taking a while before i could change it, so i agree with lantviankook on that... it seems to just do its own thing. it seemed after years of combing it from the centre, it sort of made itself permanent on my scalp

now i do a side part
i switch sides every couple of days. it's a side part just at the front and then at the back it's sort of blended so there's no parting ...

i say if you have a large nose, you don't part it at the centre because it draws attention to your nose. and if you have a large face, round, it's best to do a side part also because it "cuts" the extremity of your face... it creates a balance. it also helps to add bangs so it shrinks the face

I dont part my hair though, it just does what it wants to that day, so sometimes more centered and sometimes more to the side.

My hair is the same, so usually I'll comb my hair forward, then shake it a little to see where it wants to part that day. Even that doesn't always work, though!

I pin my bangs back so it's not in my face. I hate having hair in my face.. :lol:

My long thin face begs for a side part and some long bangs I have pushed to the side. I just hate that a side part is not too far away from being a center part on such a narrow face. I just love the look of a deep side part. It's so elegant. :(

I'm undecided. I generally do center parts every now and then I do a side part to change things up a bit.

Usually down the middle... Just try a lot of variations and you'll know what suits you. I have a very chubby face but ever since I got rid of my bangs people have said that my face has slimmed down!

center part.
although i wish i can last a day with a side part. my hair s too fine for it and i usually get a side part that...parts!!!
so sometimes i start off the day with a side part and end it with a center part. i see girls with side parts and they make me wanna have one too but my hair doesn t hold, or maybe i need to cut my bangs more.
we should post pix about side parts

It kinda parts itself. I certainly don't have a say in that matter :lol:

I wish I could center part my hair or even change sides! I part it on the left side of my face. My bangs are permanently placed on the other side... it sometimes hurts to part it to the other side, like it's not supposed to be there. and when I part it in the middle I look really weird.. it might just be my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->