How do you resize a jacket so it is a smaller fit?

Reaction score
So i have just bought a new jacket, here is the front and back view.

untitled_3.jpg

Imgcredit: www.topshop.com

I really wanted the jacket and i am a UK size 10 and when i got to the store they only had one size left a UK size 12. So as i really wanted it, i bought it.

It actually dosent look too bad, just when i pull it under the arms i can tell it could do with a taking in, so the jacket is more figure hugging.

I am not experienced what so ever, in fitting clothes.
Ive pinned a few things, but i need some advice.

How would be best to deal with this jacket?

Should i take it in from under the arms, and if i did could i pin it or is there another quick fix?

Thanks!!

There is no quick fix. I would suggest you show it to someone you know that is a good seamstress or else take it to a tailor to get the correct fit.

:flower:

i have a leather jacket that I would like to be more fitted, iss there anyway of fixing that? it's a motorcycle style, faux leather. I can post pictures if anyone would like to see it!

if you have no experience in patterns or sewing, i don't recommend you do it yourself like MMA said...

leather may have certain specification for the thread you use to stitch it or pressing techniques who knows.. i haven't worked with it ever
and nicole your item looks like it has some special construction on the inside, maybe padding..

to take in a jacket, depending on how it's constructed, it has to be taken in in the side seams, bust darts, neckline recut, sleeves recut and arm holes resized. it's not a simple quick fix in any way shape or form. the bad thing about the jacket posted in the first pic is that it's beaded, hence your going to mess up the possible garment integrity (and possibly the beads will fall off) if you get into tailoring it. also, if it's lined, that needs to be altered as well.

please let me know if i can answer any specific questions. i make handbags and jackets all the time, so i know the in's and outs of construction. if i can help, i'd be more than happy to :flower:

i have a leather jacket that I would like to be more fitted, iss there anyway of fixing that? it's a motorcycle style, faux leather. I can post pictures if anyone would like to see it!
you're going to have to unstitch the areas that need to be taken in and re-cut and sew them. if it's vinyl or PVC there are certain methods you need to use to sew the material, and certain machine needles and threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"