How do you wear patent leather?

Virginielle

Reaction score
In shoes and handbags, I seem to love nothing more than black patent leather (other colors, not so much). How do you guys feel about patent leather? This is the most recent object of my covetousness...
Longchamp
2937218047_0.jpg

2937218047_1.jpg

2937218047_2.jpg

I already own the wallet that matches and I'm beginning to feel guilty.

I really like black patent leather (or imitation leather, vinyl etc.). Other colors too, in moderation I find them quite striking and sexy. The only time I think it doesn't look good is on a very bright, sunny day. Then it can look gaudy, no matter how tastefully designed the item in question is. Great bag btw, Longchamp is really growing on me.

I particularly like patent in shades of red ... and shoes more than bags.

I love red patent too, but currently don't have anything in it. My favourite patent boots are in black, knee-length with a thin heel and lacing up the front. They remind me of Victorian style.

^ I have 3 pairs of red patent shoes, out of about 30 pairs overall :wink:

I adore patent leather! If something comes in patent I'll always buy it over matte.

Yes, I love black patent leather bags. I´ve gone for black because as a poor college student I have next to no money to put into fashion yet (give me a few years and loan payments later and it will be my only vice) and I figure it´s the most versatile and it is so sleek. I also agree with red patent leather bags and red patent leather shoes. That Longchamp looks like the bag I´m toting now, but I´m sure it´s much more expensive. What are the measurements on that. I can never tell in pictures.

According to the site, the dimensions for that bag are:
30(37)x21x12 cm
12(14½)x8¼x4¾ inch

This is the wallet that matches in the same black nickeled leather (that I adore more than anything else I own in black patent!:(
3046218047_0.jpg

Longchamp

And you're probably better off with black anyway, Milada. It's so classic. I am loving the idea of red patent leather though---I have some flats that came in black but I'm now imagining them in red and might be ready to look for some more...

I also like it mainly in shoes..My favorite boots are also patent--black crinkle patent. If I have to chose between regular leather and patent for shoes (in black or white), I'll usually choose the patent...
I love that longchamp though!

Last edited by a moderator:
So the back is a little smaller than I prefer, but still functional. Actually, who am I kidding. I barely need anything I'm carrying around in my purse.

What do you guys think about purple patent leather, either more red-based or more blue-based? I'm thinking a bag, not so much shoes.

I also like it mainly in shoes..My favorite boots are also patent--black crinkle patent. If I have to chose between regular leather and patent for shoes (in black or white), I'll usually choose the patent...
I love that longchamp though!

I spotted it in the shop on Newbury the other day and was in love almost immediately...

What do you guys think about purple patent leather, either more red-based or more blue-based? I'm thinking a bag, not so much shoes.

A blue-based purple might work better as a 'neutral', go-with-anything bag than a red-based one; because blue bases usually contain a tinge of gray or black. But someone on tFS said, 'bright colors go with everything because they don't go with anything'. That was brilliant.

Thanks to this thread, I now have images of red patent haunting my dreams, chanting "Buy me. Wear me." Usually I say that red doesn't flatter me (which is true), but if we're talking about bags or shoes, then I have no excuse.^_^

I'm kind of worried . . I don't have anything in patent leather . .
I love it. I think it can work really well as a splash of dare against matte and neutral coloured fabrics.

patent is classic and timeless and exquisitely chic...
* it's also a wonderful way to make something look expensive even if it's not..sshhh....:wink:

B)...

i've got lots...

one of my fave pairs of shoes from the late 80's was a blk suede pump with a patent toe..
very chic...i felt very grown up even though i was barely 20 yrs old...
^_^...

i got my first pair of patent shoes in HS...
at an outlet...so no one else had anything like them...
they were indeed red...
i used to refer to them as my 'dorothy shoes'...
:innocent:...

i have since replaced them...but i always have a pair of red patent flats in the closet...
because sometimes you just want to click your heels together...
you know?...

:P

Last edited by a moderator:
love...:heart:

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 5
patent is classic and timeless and exquisitely chic...
* it's also a wonderful way to make something look expensive even if it's not..sshhh....:wink:

But in the same vein, if it's not somewhat decent quality it makes things look cheap reeeal fast. But yeah, for the most part, it's like leather dressed up!

virginielle...can you please give the complete website address as credit for your pics ...?
thanks...
:flower:

ie- longchamp.com

But in the same vein, if it's not somewhat decent quality it makes things look cheap reeeal fast. But yeah, for the most part, it's like leather dressed up!
sure- you do still have to pick a good style ...
and if the stitching looks cheap it can give it away...
:P
but when i was younger...
i had lots of blk patent belts and bags cause it was a really easy way to dress something up and add that extra element of chic-ness that i so craved...

of course...
as you can see...i now spend stupid amounts of money on my patent pieces...:lol:

but - you know what...
i still have all those patent pieces from the 80's...
and they are still cool!!!...

:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->