How Much Do You Shave?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by amrphx, Aug 19, 2004.

1. amrphx

amrphx New Member

I'm wondering how much leg hair most people shave. I usually do all of it, but it's starting to be a pain and I always cut up my knees. What do you guys do?

2. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Depends on how industrious I'm feeling. Usually I'm lazy and just do the lower half, since the rest is fairly blond anyway. Other days I'll get gung-ho and get rid of it all. :innocent: And in the winter, I usually don't even bother...

3. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

Same as purple, knees and calves. My upper-hair doesn't bother me.

4. Jennika

Jennika New Member

I do a full leg and bikini wax once a month. I used to cut myself all the time shaving but I started waxing at age 21 and haven't touched a razer since for 7 years.

5. Lilliana

Lilliana New Member

I have dark hair, so I usually do all of it cause I really don't like the look of dark hair on white thights :wacko: but when lazy or in a hurry I do just the claves and knees.

6. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I have blonde hair, but usually do the whole leg

7. dynamic_

dynamic_ New Member

I'm usually in work so it depends what I'm doing. If I'm doing something that requires a skirt or dress then I'll shave my whole leg but mostly I just go up to my knee and stop.

8. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Well, I am not very religious about shaving my legs. I do it maybe twice a month, and go about halfway up the thigh. I don't have a lot of hair on my thighs anyway, and I am very lazy. Also I always cut myself, a lot, so the less leg I am shaving, the fewer potential cuts!

9. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

I have pretty light hair so I can get away with just shaving my calves, generally. However for special occasions I do shave all the way :innocent:

10. saad

saad New Member

i was wondering....do womens shavers work for men? what if i try using one on my face?! :ninja: will the facial hair be gone longer?!?! (please say yes! please say yes! please say yes!)

11. Aida.Sevan

Aida.Sevan New Member

Usually I shave just my calves because I have dark hair there. But my uper part has just blonde hair so I shave it from time to time.

12. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Women's razors are men's razors just in pink instead of blue.

13. saad

saad New Member

no..i was talking about the electric shavers etc. the kind that seem to "pluck" the hair out maybe?!?!?! :unsure:

14. Misako

Misako within an embrace

I have inherited (thankfully) the Asian hair syndrome, where you can barely see any hairs (they're always microscopic and very soft - my SO can't believe my legs have hairs on them but feel really smooth and soft, lol), and for some reason, they're either light brown, brown or blonde. But either way, it looks like I shave, but I really don't need to because unless you're looking at my legs with your face pressed up against them, you can't even tell I don't shave. which definitely cuts down the time I spend in the shower! :P

15. nuiko

nuiko New Member

:lol: :P

16. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

That's an epilator, but I'm not sure you want the pain of that on your face. :ninja:

17. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

Too bad there wasn't a choice for it varies.

Usually if I'm wearing a long skirt (which is rare) I'll just shave my calves.

But usually when it comes to shaving my legs, its all or nothing. Whats the point of shaving my legs if I am going to be wearing jeans?

18. Dixie

Dixie New Member

Agreed with BabyJ.

19. slinky_vagabond

slinky_vagabond New Member

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but when I do it's only my calves. My hair is light, but when I can be bothered I usually take care of it- it just seems more sanitary.

20. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

i'm like dynamic, mostly lower but if the occasion calls for it or I feel like it-all.

I actually hardly ever knick or cut myself shaving. I can think of max. 3 times that I've done it in like 6 years-now that i've said that of course I will but still.