How Much Do You Spend

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Acid, Feb 24, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Acid

Acid yes

2. tgp

tgp New Member

here in West Texas-$30-50

in Austin( where I used to live and am moving back to)-$50-100

3. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

When I was young, I was privelidged to get it cut by the lead stylist at Toni & Guy (my mum knew him).
    Now I am priveledged to get it cut at my local barbers, for the price of getting it cut at my local barbers, but the stylist is a good and friendly person, who used to work at Toni and Guy.
    (ohh yeah, I voted for cheap barbers, $10-30, but my place is far from cheap, but my last hair cut was a forced one done by the Air force, And I havent even joined the Air Force. Thank god my hair has grown back.

4. faust

faust New Member

$12.50 + $2.50 tip = $15.00

5. Sugo

Sugo New Member

I have a 10 dollar haircut....
    My mom's friend works in a salon, but cuts mine at home.
    So it's considerably cheaper.

6. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Well, I spent $40 last year when I got all of my hair cut off. I went from a butt-length braid to a 1960s chin-length bob. While the style didn't look very good on me, it was a good haircut and has held up well, but next time, I'm having my sister cut my hair. She's better at the style I wanted, hell she cuts her own hair and it looks great.

I gave the hairdresser a $10 tip, because I was so ecstatic about having all of that hair gone. Then I donated 1/2lb of hair to Locks of Love.

I'm going to grow my hair out for a while, though. I think when I get sick of dyeing it red, I am going to have my sister cut it off in a kind of pixie cut, then fool with it as it grows. Ultimately, I want an A-line bob, where it is real short in back and has longer bits at the front that come down to chin length.

7. chanel_girl

chanel_girl Melody Nelson

The last time I got my hair done I paid $170, I spend thousands and thousands of $$$ on fabulous clothes so I NEED to have fab hair and make up as well

8. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

When I get my hair cut I actually have it cut as opposed to being iced with sugared bonbons and danced upon by a troupe of mystic coiffure fairies...so it costs about £20 at a pretty nice salon.

9. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I'm a poor college student! I spend about $20 + tip on my haircuts. I usually just get a trim to get the dead ends off my layered hair, so I figure if they're not trimming anything new, I'm good.

10. twilight fairy

twilight fairy New Member

30 dollars at a very nice salon, actually..

11. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I normally cut it myself, I love the whole uneven, distressed look... but when I need a good fix or trimming on the back, I spend like 30-50 dollars on my hair...

12. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

mine are 25, but i'm a guy. the dude i go to is VERY good. he used to do runway and lived in milan for a couple years. he works at about 3 different places around town but i go to this one little hidden salon because its the cheapest place he works at.

last time i went, i had my shaggy, overgrown long hair cleaned up. he gave me cool layers with this technique where he was only using a comb and a straight razor and it looked awesome. i didn't get all the straight lines and perfectness that u usually get after u first get it cut it. and he did undercuts cuz i have really thick hair and it made a huge difference. i think the last time i got a haircut was 4.5-5 months ago and it still looks wonderful. you know what they say, a good haircut should last 6 months.

13. cat

cat New Member

ive been going to toni&guy for the last half year...and i never loved my hair more. so...its definately worth it.

14. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

slightly OT: but what is the reasonable range in tipping a stylist??

i just got this great "package " where i will be getting several visits for a HUGE discount ....... do i tip 20% of the REAL price or 20% of the 'deal' im getting?

im confused and dont want to be rude .

15. DressageChick

DressageChick New Member

I wanna donate to locks of love, but I'm kind of scared. I need a couple more inches. maybe in a year I'll be ready, but I'm afraid of looking really bad. Plus its taken me so long to grow my hair out, I don't know if I want to part with it so quickly.

16. banana

banana New Member

I spend about $30-40 on a haircut after tax and tips. Whenever I go to a cheaper salon I come out looking like a boy. :ninja:

17. nora

nora New Member

a good haircut should last 6 months???

i hadn't heard that....i suppose it could, and i remember going for longer amounts of time between cuts when i had SHORT hair. But with long hair, those ends split and it just starts getting really messy. In dry winter air, I need a cut every month to look neat and fresh.

$30. Very decent salon. Very nice stylist.

nornor

18. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

For a while I had trouble finding a place that I liked and I found I was spending more than I wanted to. I recently started going to my local Aveda though and it only cost me $35. Also, I'm now actually getting haircuts I like... :p

19. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I got my hair cut short again over the summer and donated my hair to them. It was a nice feeling... :blush:

20. ahhGucci

ahhGucci Active Member

Ditto, but I pay half that, and there is so much drama going on in the place where I get it CUT(not pompom'd). I mean, its more like a party than a salon, its small so really intimate, and my barber/stylist hands out bottles of brew, he is a real laugh. Some times his mum cuts my hair, she is good too.