How much on a handbag?

the most i have ever spent on a handbag was 481 (after tax) for a marc jacobs multipocket (which is my first and only high designer bag). but mostly, i spent under a hundred on something cute and trendy because i tend to get tired of bags and change them out a lot.

I've spent 500 at most on a bag... but I'd spend up to 1000 on something I know I'd get a lot of use out of.

The most I've spent is $2150, but typically my max is at about $1.5k. I'm a student and thankfully I have an amazing brother that gives me a set amount every month to help satify my shopping addiction. Becuase I just started my collection a few months ago, the majority goes to bags, but I'm hoping once I have a good "base", I'll be able to settle down a bit :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
well 1200 is the most i've ever spent...but the time i bought a Balenciaga from Browns of London, after the 230 customs charge, i ended up spending close to 1500 :/

i'd say 1200 is my ceiling right now. a few years ago i would have said never more than 500...a few years before that and even 300 seemed like a big deal. wonder where i'll be a few years from now :innocent:

Usually 800-900 pounds but if it's a really great bag then I don't mind spending over 1000 for it.

probably $1500 or so. i would consider spending more if the quality was amazing and i absolutely fell in love with the bag.

i don't splurge like this frequently, however. i limit myself to one or two great bags a year, and only buy things that i think i will love for a long long time. most of my bags are in the $200 - $700 range.

my max would prob be $2000. but that's a lot of saving and time consuming and the bag must be worth the price for me (I haven't found one yet). although, the most expensive bag ive bought was $1380 for the paddington :heart: and that was worth it.

*JJ* said:
everything above $900 hurts.

same here and I can only pull it off twice a year. Which sucks when you are a handbag addict :cry:

oooo nice topic :wink: I think my budget would differ if i had a cutting egde high paid lifestyle then the budget would be endlessss.. !! I am a total sukker for my handbags =)
Right now though .. I have to make do with what i can afford at the time .. I dont like making my parents pay for too much

almondgirl said:
What's your budget on a handbag? mine is approx $350:P

Yeah, I prefer spending on the low end if I can. I don't want to make a statement with the logo, just the design, so that makes it a lot easier. To spend thousands on a bag, which I haven't done, I would have to really, really like it. And I would feel that I'd need to carry it a long, long time. I'm not sure I want the commitment to a handbag that I have to my car :P I buy about a bag a season (i.e., twice a year), and I hate changing from one bag to another. I want my bag to work for the entire 6 months. I don't remember exactly what I paid for my bag this spring, I think it was about $295. I love it ... why spend $2950 when I can love a bag at this price point? Granted, not quite so easy to do for fall ... but I'm looking right now at collectible vintage bags in the range you mention. There are also some real bargains in vintage--great little snake bags under $100 for example. The kinda thing Marc Jacobs would be happy to charge you $2K for.

I try to keep it low. My most expensive purchase was....maybe $1300? Yes. I regret that buy.

Depends on what I'm buying the bag for. My next bag will probably be around $2000, just something cute for fall :smile:

I would say 1000$, but my next bag is about 1200$.. So around there :wink:

I dont have an actual limit...if i love the bag i would get it..

Btw, here's the vintage bag I ordered--slightly under almondgirl's budget ... and I'm quite sure no one else will have one :lol:

Bagaholic right here.:woot: So I spent about 600 pounds on a Fendi Spy bag at Selfridges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->