How to curl hair like Grace Kelly style?

Discussion in 'Hair Care' started by Sensibility, Sep 30, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Sensibility

Sensibility New Member

Hi,

I love Grace Kelly 50´s hairstyle: curle and sexy, but sadly I don´t know how to do it in my hair. I´ve got a medium straight hair - perhaps some curly but not too much- and I know that I ´ve to use curls but not the way to use it, could anybody learn me and everybody that want to use this trendy hairstyle? And I also would like to know the exactly number or name of Grace Kelly blond hair colour... It´s too much, I know, but i´ve a lot of doubts...:blush:

This´s an example that I want to get:

[​IMG]

Thank you very much in advance,
    Hugs)))
    Lily:heart:

2. seanutbutter

seanutbutter the crying of humanity

You'll definitely need rollers, either the hot or velcro type. A curling iron will give you curls, but not the volume and shape rollers will. If your hair doesn't already have a deep side part, make sure you comb it into one before you set your hair. This YouTube tutorial is helpful and will give you a look very similar to Grace Kelly's, though you may have to use hairspray to shape some of the front curls. Good luck!

#2 seanutbutter, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by moderator frivole: Sep 30, 2009
  3. daniellat

daniellat Fashion Designer

sensibility please provide the source fo the image, otherwise it will be removed, thanks! =)

4. Sensibility

Sensibility New Member

yes sorry, i forget it! it´s from Alice Japain (Flickr)

5. birgitta

birgitta New Member

I found this link about for a Grace Kelly Hair Style instructions. Unfortunately, it is not incredibly detailed but I hope it helps you figure it out :mrgreen:. If I were trying it I would use medium-to-large sized rollers instead of just large, and also apply some type of mouse, setting lotion, or hairspray beforehand for hold (since your hair is straight-ish.) Hope it works for you!

6. gius

gius chat~

the video is really great and says everything :flower: thank you seanutbutter and birgitta. i'm after grace's hair too ^^ but i was eyeing rita hayworth.. same idea ^^

7. Sensibility

Sensibility New Member

Thank you! i haven´t tried yet because Im scary!!!