How to shrink clothes

thuyanat

Reaction score
Hello!
Are there any suggestions on how to make a bathing suit smaller? I have a bikini. The bottoms are too big. Thanks in advance!

maybe someone else on here has an idea, but i don't think it's really possible to shrink a swimsuit...lycra, nylon, spandex, all those fun synthetic materials just aren't shrinkable. i think if you were to try to shrink it like you would a pair of jeans or cotton t-shirt, it would, if anything, start to lose its color and/or elasticity properties. maybe i'm wrong though, maybe someone does have ideas.

there's definitely no way you can shrink lycra. your best bet is to have your tailor take it in for you.

How to shrink jeans

I have lost some inches around my mid section. I have some real nice pants that I want to keep wearing but are becoming a little loose up top.

Is there any way to make them shrink a bit.

Yeah it didnt do much.

What if I put them into a pot of boiling water???

you could -why not ^

i'm assuming they're made of cotton ..

why not just wear a belt :blush:

You can't shrink your denim. Your issue is only at the waist. Throughout the years you have had them, laundered them and dried them at hot temperatures, they already have shrunk to the maximum. You need to take your jeans to the tailor and have them take it in at the waist and adjust the waistband.

When you wash your denim, you actually build in stretch because when cotton gets wet it relaxes the fiber and makes it stretch. That's why after a few wears of your jeans without washing them gets looser over time until you wash them again where it will shrink back to the original size (ever notice how nice and tight your jeans feels right after you wash and dried them?)

Take it to your nearest tailor. Trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are somewhat able with a sewing machine, you can make little darts in the waistband. if the thighs are too big, you can just sew the outseam in a little more. boiling you jeans may temporarily shrink them, but theyll stretch right back out.

you can soak them in hot water and throw them in the dryer, but that's temporary. they will soon stretch back out

the more you do this the weaker the denim will get and soon the jeans will just rip. i'd try sell the pair online and find the same at your new size

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->