Hussein Chalayan Homme S/ S 05

It would be so great if his womenswear got more practical, it's obvious he has talent. I'm not saying he should totally stifle his creative vision, but he definitly needed to tone it down. Even if he has to continue doing what he does for the runway, at least take a hint from Galliano and McQueen and put something wearable in the stores.

urgh...i so wish i had a camera so i could show you my jacket...i also have a button down shirt...very wearable...most of my wardrobe is stuff that wasn't necessarily shown on the runway...more obscure but wearable pieces...

i completely agree spike...i think there is a compromise...it doesn't have to be all black and white...but some lovely shade of softgrey... :wink: :P

Originally posted by purechris@Jul 23 2004, 10:32 AM
WOW! :o
I would wear every piece of this. I :heart: the vests layered with shirts and tshirts. (mental note to try to make this over the weekend). It kind of looks like some of the collars are partially attached, no? The tech-y stuff is brilliant. I wish I had the Ipod to go with the jacket though.

Thanx Runner :flower:
[snapback]314701[/snapback]​

you're welcome purechris
the collar of this coat is actually detachable. BTW the man printed on t-shirt, the lining of the blouson, etc seems to be the first President of Turkey, Mr. Ataturk.

7.jpg

last from his A/W collection "ANTHOROPOLOGY OF SOLITUDE"

husseinchalayanm_1.jpg

his flagship store at Daikanyama

photo3.jpg

photo6.jpg

Originally posted by Spike413@Jul 23 2004, 01:13 AM
WOAH! Totally shocked the hell outta me! I say the thread and figured, okay, Hussein is gonna do his perversly avant garde, majorly conceptual, unwearable creations that leave me totally stumped and feeling like an idiot for missing all of the hidden messages and symbolism. I don't think it's anything special per-say, but what a surprise, and a pleasent one at that......Hussein Chalayan made wearable clothes.
[snapback]314512[/snapback]​

It is the most common misconseption that Hussein makes unwearable clothes. What he shows on the runway is not what you see in stores. He uses runway as the expression of his soul, they are the most coveted tickets by those who know, because they are always amazing. His clothes that are made for retail are gorgeous and very wearable, and very unique. I really love his work and I am glad that he got through the past financial triouble.

About this collection - IMHO it's mixed. Some are (at first sight) the mall looks as someone pointed out, but a lot of it is beautiful. Like Softie said, god is in the details, and you can always count on Husseyn to produce something unique. I like AW a lot. And once again, except Jeffrey, who'll have a few pieces, it will be nowhere in NYC. We are so progressive :sick:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 23 2004, 03:28 PM
shall we say...god is in the details...this is the same kind of brilliance as jil sander...

oh give me a boy who understands these clothes...PLEASE!!!...

i have a hussein chalayan perfect little grey jkt so i've known that he had this in him and i've kind of been expecting it for awhile now...i just hope that his womenswear moves more in this direction.... :clap:
[snapback]314839[/snapback]​

Actually Soft,if his Spring collection was any indication,I think we will be seeing Chalayan moving in a "safer" direction. The thing about Chalayan is,we all know he is capable of making breathtakingly beautiful,sublime and wearable pieces...I just think sometimes he tends to focus too much on the one thing and never the balance of things. e.g. being creative and making clothes a bit more accessible. So,its understandable Spike why you would assume such a thing in your first post because that's what always gets covered.

As for this collection,I like it-but reminds me alot of Margiela's menswear if one were to spend some time of the Mediterranean beaches of Cyprus.

It might look a bit plain, but I love the simplicity... Basic wearables are always a good addition to any wardrobe.

I like to think it's up to you to make it interesting with personality/styling.

Let's be specific here. This is really not a plain collection if one looks deeper. It looks simple on the fore,but mostly in shape and structure. He's focusing on cutting. His use of fabrication may appear traditional but its the way he incorporates it.

Originally posted by Scott@Jul 24 2004, 05:59 PM
Let's be specific here. This is really not a plain collection if one looks deeper. It looks simple on the fore,but mostly in shape and structure. He's focusing on cutting. His use of fabrication may appear traditional but its the way he incorporates it.
[snapback]315258[/snapback]​

Yes, I think so too. I like it a lot. But will it sell? I guess it will, because it is strong in all its blandness, if that makes sense. :wink:

But who knows?

Scott, I just saw his F/W 04-05, and you hit it on the nail. It is so safe, it's painful. Honestly, I was so bored and disappointed. Way too safe, not Hussein I'm used to buying for my wife.

Originally posted by runner@Jul 29 2004, 11:57 PM
I saw it too, here are some of new arrivals.
[snapback]318247[/snapback]​

1st on the left he did before. The rest are much less safer than what I saw at Jeffrey. But than again, I think that Jeffrey has the worst buyers in the industry.

Originally posted by passione@Jul 23 2004, 09:02 AM
too plain don't you think?
[snapback]314674[/snapback]​

yes, thats exactly what i think actually

I'm not super impressed

i liek teh A/W looks, but its not fabulous

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic