Hybrid Shoes

mariemaud

Reaction score
I've seen hybrid shoes here and there (mainly on the runway, sometimes on the streets)
I've spotted them a lot in S/S 09 NYC runways and think it has the potential to become a huge trend

Those seen at Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 09 are my favorite so far :heart:
f4mbo1.jpg

It's hybrid yet so consistent that it doesn't look strange at all. It even looks obvious to me...
Obvious yet surprising... Optimistic
:crush::heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen at Marc Jacobs S/S 09

Those are more explicit and less subtle than the others...
29941210.jpg

style

mariemaud, What a great topic! I love "hybrid" shoes. I look forward to seeing/wearing them. I'll keep my eye out and post when I have the time--it's a busy week!

^ I'm so glad to hear from you
Looking forward to seing your entries
:heart:

One more from Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S 09
29942468.jpg

style

Charlotte Ronson S/S 09

coutorture

curious, how are you defining "hybrid" shoes? two shoes in one?

Even fashion is going green? Is the economy so bad that shoe styles have to be all rolled into one to where there is a complete mismatch of styles? Some shoes can be artistic. Some can be very stylish. Some others are completely wearable. These hybrids are terrible to me. It's like a femme thinking, "oh, I want to wear some cute pumps... but I also like to wear espadrilles and maybe some shoes with high straps. Sometimes when you mix chemicals together (not that I'm a Chemistry major or have even taken Chemistry), the results can sometimes be disasterous. That's the case there. It's like wearing 2+ kinds of shoes at once.

To its credit, most of the colors are fairly consistent from the kinds of shoes being worn. This is worse than layering (done wrong)! I usually wear my men's boots as well as my American Eagle sneakers. I'd hate to imagine a combination of my boots, my sneakers, and my sandals that I mostly wear around the house. Call it artistic. Defend it all you want. This is by far the most horrendous shoes since gladiator sandals.

I don't really like any of the ones posted, but I think there definitely have to be some cute hybrid shoes.

I really like some of these, I've been seeing this a lot lately
as long as the 2 shoes go together well, it's good

but I hate the second MJ you posted

this kind of goes hand in hand with the patchwork trend that's been going on these last few seasons.. it's all about taking "leftovers" and creating something new

(ofcourse it's never leftovers when it comes to highfashion)

ew ew ew @ the Alexanger Wang shoes!
i hate them soooo much
his collection was amazing but im still WTF? @ the shoes
UBER UGLYNESS! :o

I actually think those Marc Jacobs espadrille stiletto's are one of the nastiest things I've ever seen. Just so terrible. A lot of people have been wearing this sort of thing on the streets though. It's not for me...

^ Yes I think they are ugly
because it doesn't merge at all... Reminds me of an experimental item

However, the Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes (first pic) are really cute. They are consistent and refreshing.

3.1 Philip Lim S/S 09
30122655.jpg

style.com

I think hybrid shoes should look very good with the simpliest outfit

Vera Wang S/S 09

30124158.jpg

style

i am not a fan. they just don't really send any message but confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads