Hyoni Kang

It's fashion week here in NY and I saw Hyoni (or someone who looks a lot like her) entering 463 7th Avenue (as I was exiting the building) this morning around 11-ish. She had on high heels (no hat even and today's pretty chily here) and from a distance...before I recognized her....I told myself, the last thing this kid needs are a pr of high heels. She had a zit on her left cheek though.

I wondered if she was there for a go-see or to visit some family friend. There are tons of Koreans working in the fashion industry in that building.

fashion week debut!!!

boy by band of outsiders f/w 08 (looks like she "opened" the show :woot:)
she looks tired already...
00040m.jpg

style

Douglas Perrett of COACD put her on his top 10 list for Elle. He did seem to be taken with her personality during the Ford contest.

HYUNI, Ford
Seung-hyun Kang (who goes by her nickname, Hyuni) was the winner of Ford's Supermodels of the World contest a couple of weeks back and has since drummed up some major buzz. "We're seeing a lot more Asian girls in general," Perrett says. "She's from Korea and has an amazing walk, amazing legs. They usually get a great girl from this contest every other year, and this year was definitely on."

Oops, they spelled her nickname wrong!

http://www.***************/image/2008/W5/013120081336505852.jpg
elle.com

did not like this one at first but i am in LOVE after runway!
she's walking EVERYTHING
BCBG, nicole miller, Jason Wu, EVERYTHING
and i am doing a feature on the blog for her right now
theres something big brewing for hyoni!

Pei Bei has rounder eye shape, narrower skull, darker skin and a startling neck...hope that helps u next time ^_^:flower::P

New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2008

Jeremy Laing

gettyimages.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda surprised she is doing good so far. We'll just have to see once the major shows rolls around to see if she can book any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->