i-D Magazine Fall/Winter 2023 : The New Wave Issue

Cover #2 with North West by Willy Vanderperre:

Why is a literal toddler covering a fashion magazine?

I get that her family is shameless and see no issue in shoving a 10yo girl into the media circus but I would hope these editors had better judgment. If you're so desperate for nepo babies at least pick that is not in elementary school. Ridiculous.

I remember buying i-D each month during my teenage years. I also remember the joy and excitement I got from seeing daring, talented artists on its covers. The magazine managed to cover music, fashion, film. The possibility of putting a celebrity's 10 year-old daughter on the cover just because of her status would have been out of the question. That's why I tend to reject this kind of vain glorification of people who have yet to grow up, learn about life and, hopefully, actually create something with a certain artistic value.

I have always loved Vanderperre's work. The cover is perfectly nice... and perfectly innocuous. I do feel for him when I see his talent being wasted on this kind of inane fluff-and-puff pieces.

How much KK invested on that cover happening?....terrible....shame on I-D and i'm sure they are so proud of this "exclusive"

I get that her family is shameless and see no issue in shoving a 10yo girl into the media circus but I would hope these editors had better judgment. If you're so desperate for nepo babies at least pick that is not in elementary school. Ridiculous.

Buzz at any cost. I'm glad the styling doesn't look age-inappropriate, at least. Thanks to tiktok, she's sort of a celebrity in her own right.

Love Colin's cover

Never have I minded the sight to Kim Kardashian on magazine covers but this North West cover is a downright embarrassment and receives a resounding NO from me.

I wonder if there really is anyone on Earth who would consider buying a magazine because North West is on the cover...

Ngl I probably would, she's such a little queen, I love this! But it's a bit early for her to be covering magazines like i-D, I can't be bothered reading the interview but did they actually pay an adult journalist to interview a child? LMAO What a world.

honestly everyone involved should be embarrassed but especially the editors.

Just fifteen years ago i-D actually had great covers and interesting editorials/interviews (and too much leeway given to T*rry R*chardson,I'm not blind to how they had a section on their website for his photography as late as 2012), now it bends over for the same dull and cheap celebrities as any tabloid, even at the cost of exploiting a child.

They front like they're enlightened and have morals now but apparently those fly out of the window in the face of the right incentives a.k.a. advertising money? Clout?

Cover #4 with Rema by Renell Medrano:

Cover #5 with Nyajuok Gatdet by Mario Sorrenti:

Cover #6 with Sasha Colby by Willy Vanderperre:

You had Sasha Colby and you give us a dull black and white cover? Terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->