i-D Magazine Special Edition April 2020 : 19 Supermodels by Willy Vanderperre

What is the catch with (their) right eyes?!! Also, is the number 19 a pure coincidence? I don't think so.

nice mugshots!

i kinda like the idea but there are way too many. up to five of them would do.

I let out a silent scream when I saw ''supermodels'' in the title. Then I experienced a shocking disappointment...

Always hated that one particular era of i-D in early/mid 2010s when there wasn't a single issue with less than 5 covers so this is just an overload for me. Quite unnecessary. I'm intrigued as to how Willy got credited for this since it clearly looks like selfies to me? Did they facetime or something? Odd. But way better than Vogue Italia, that's for sure.
I don't really like any of the covers besides Gigi who always looks fabulous. Most of these girls clearly don't know their angles and some of them even look like abuse victims due to the unfortunate wink...

But it's a nice concept.

Not all them are good and I couldn’t care less about Willy Vanderperre, but I overall I quite like this.

I'm intrigued as to how Willy got credited for this since it clearly looks like selfies to me? Did they facetime or something? Odd. But way better than Vogue Italia, that's for sure.

I guess that they facetime and he directed them on how to pose?

I was wondering how exactly Willy got credited as well, since at first sight they look like selfies. He must’ve shot them using FaceTime or in some cases a webcam, because the lighting and quality in several of these are shockingly bad. You’d think these supermodels, so called, would have access to at least an iPhone camera.

Willy’s directive? TikTok mugshot trend, but make it fashion.

It’s i-D, that’s their whole schtick.

Funny enough, I haven't realized it so far. (Probably because I've never been particularly fond of the magazine per se.) Thanks for the clarification, though. :flower:

Btw, Gigi looks FANTASTIC! Didn't know she has such a beautiful hands and nails...

Last edited:
See. That's how you do it. No need for a blank lazy cover under the guise of propriety.

Though fact remains that 19 covers is too much and non of these covers stand out

Finally Willy found something he can do well! Such nice screenshots!

Supermodels?
tenor.gif

Tenor

Finally Willy found something he can do well! Such nice screenshots!

Burst out laughing reading this, God knows he even managed to muck this up. The casting screams Vanderperre. Of course you have the Prada girls, Julia 'I'm retiring!' Nobis, some Dutchies to fill the slots, and the desperate Hadid who would attend the opening of the envelope if it secured her a cover.

Burst out laughing reading this, God knows he even managed to muck this up. The casting screams Vanderperre. Of course you have the Prada girls, Julia 'I'm retiring!' Nobis, some Dutchies to fill the slots, and the desperate Hadid who would attend the opening of the envelope if it secured her a cover.
I was sarcastic. Cast is typical i-D, almost the same as in their 'Rihannazine' issue. There was no even need Willy here.

Guys, I think that’s not a particular issue, that’s just a project for online...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->