i-D Pre-Fall 2009 : Arlenis, Chanel, Jourdan, Sessilee by Emma Summerton

It has become an annoyance to see how they always run for the same girls.
What about Georgie, Aminata, R'el, Kinée, Jeneil, etc? :judge:
nobody knows about them. Sessi, Chanel, Jourdan & Arlenis are on a whole different level. They've conquered the runways - people know about them. They're like the Sasha's, Vlada's & Snejana's in the industry - they're a group.

I love the cover, I think the girls look great (especially Sessilee!)

While I do agree that magazines do tend to run Jourdan & Co. a lot, girls like R'el and Georgie are making a name for themselves and I think that they will get covers soon enough.

Yeah, R'el hadn't even debuted when this cover was shot. I think she's about to turn the group of four into a group of five.

I have a new found appreciate for Jourdan and especially Arlenis' picture now that we have seem them enlarged. For Arlenis to be able to smile that big AND wink at the same time is an accomplishment. It's asking the face to pull in the exact opposite direction at the very same time and she did it oh so effortlessly!

^ Yes I believe so, I'm definitely looking forward to a review hopefully today ^_^

The cover looks great but Chanel looks off somehow (or perhaps it's just my irrational hate towards her idk)

Insi-De the Pretty Young Things issue To mark the beginning of the new season, i-D will take a new format. As a fashion magazine we thought it makes sense to release three issues twice a year to coincide with each new fashion season. These issues will be bumper-packed with all the latest trends and fashion news, and take the monikers of Pre-Fall, Fall and Winter to coincide with the autumn/winter collections. And Pre-Spring, Spring and Summer to celebrate the spring/summer collections. In Pre-Fall, the first of the new series, we pay homage to the King of Pop and prove that beauty really does come in all shapes and sizes.

FIRST LADIES: We are the world Susan Corrigan celebrates the rise in diversity in the fashion industry.
Text: Susan Corrigan

THRILLER: See it’s not about races, just places, faces, where your blood comes from is where your space is
Photography: Emma Summerton
Fashion Director: Edward Enninful

GILES: You are not alone Take a peep into Giles Deacon’s world and meet the models and muses who make him tick.
Text: Paul Flynn
Photography: Walter Pfeiffer
Styling: Erika Kurihara

SCREAM: Hey pretty lady with the high heels on, you give me fever like I’ve never ever known.
Photography: Dan Jackson
Styling: Marie Chaix

DANGEROUS: There’s something about you baby, that makes me want to give it to you.
Photography: Pierre Bailey
Styling: Cathy Casterine

BAD: It’s close to midnight, and something evil’s lurking in the dark.
Photography: Richard Burbridge
Styling: Marie Chaix

NATHANIEL: You wanna be starting something; you got to be starting something Nathaniel Brown is the star of the forthcoming Gaspar Noe film, Entering The Void.
Photography: Nick Haymes
Styling: David Vandewal

LUCY: We can ride the boogie, share the beat of love. Lucy Bridge is the larger than life club girl with a passion for fashion.
Text: Sue Tilly
Photography: Tim Walker
Styling: Jacob K

STAN: Don’t wanna be a boy, you wanna be a man. French hottie Stan loves cars and Coca Cola.
Photography: Kacper Kasprzyk
Stylist: Hannes Hetta

JENNIFER HERREMA: Because I’m bad, I’m bad; I’m really, really bad. Jennifer Herrema of Royal Trux and RTX is rock ‘n’ roll.
Text: Jeremy Abbott
Photography: Sasha Eisenman

STUSSY: Heal the world Ever since their launch in 1980, Stussy have attracted the trendiest talents from across the world. Pay your respects to an icon.
Text: Michael Kopelman

ALL WALKS BEYOND THE CATWALK: Don’t stop till you get enough. Up and coming fashion designers celebrate women of all shapes and sizes in our exclusive feature, using models aged 18 to 65 and sizes 8 to 16.
Text and co-ordination: Caryn Franklin
Photography: Kayt Jones

DIRTY DIANA: I have the stuff that you want; I am the thing that you need.
Photography: Will Davidson
Styling: Erika Kurihara

SHAUN: It doesn’t matter if you’re black or white Shaun Ross is the albino male model currently stirring fashion up la storm.
Text: Holly Shackleton
Photography: Matt Jones

222 SUPERMODEL BEAUTY: Can you feel it? Dutch born make-up artist Mathias Van Hooff is the extraordinary talent behind this issue’s cover story.
Text: Hanna Hanra
Photography: Emma Summerton
Fashion Director: Edward Enninful
(i-dmagazine.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait as well and I'm really looking forward to the Tim Walker ed

Those MJ references are classic. This sounds like a great issue, I'll definitely be picking this up!

love the video, all four girls look absolutely AMAZING!

Me three! They all looked great, and i never paid attention to Chanel but her face looks stunning in that close up. The review is promising as well.

i love this!!!!!!!!!! :lol: looks like a black version to the multigirl prada ads from s/s 09 :heart:

a much better version :wink: it radiates positive energy :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->