i-D Pre-Fall 2010 : Kate Moss, Lady Gaga, Naomi Campbell by Nick Knight

Naomi's and Kate's covers are nice, don't like Lady GaGa's cover at all.

I actually don't like any of those covers: Kate's is ugly, Naomi is "fair" and Lady gaga's is predictable and in fact 3 boring covers for one month: way to go i-D !

the new logo is kinda tacky for me..kate's cover is the best

actually that's not a new logo ...
i think they did it once for one of their very first issue ...
* to reconfirm, though. but i'm sure i've seen it once. it's coming from their first 80s issue, i think.

Covers are very simple for an anniversary cover, but I still like them a lot. Especially Kate's cover!

for an Anniversary special i dont
understand why Gaga is on this
I mean Naomi and Kate have been apart of I-D
so long so it makes sense...I love Kate's cover though

But it does make sense? It makes absolute sense. The cover even tells you so? "Then. Now. Next". Surely Gaga is what's being classed as 'Next"..

I suppose 'then' and 'now' can apply to either Kate or Naomi. Both featured on i-D covers years ago, and still feature on the more modern ones. If I was going to assign a label to each one I would probably say Naomi is 'then' and Kate would be 'now' but I'm not sure they'll have meant for it to be so literal.

It's the theme of the issue I imagine and the whole set of portraits inside. People who were huge/influential in i-D's eyes then, now, and the people it deems to be the next batch, and love her or hate her I would say Gaga is one of the best examples of the new wave/direction.

I'm not interpreting the words as particularly connected to the cover girls, but more about the content, which I hope will be plentiful. After all, each of them has contemporary appeal or else they wouldn't be on the front of any magazine.

And what's more "now" than being in countless news bulletins across the world due to your appearance in court in connection with war crimes? Not a great sort of "now", but nonetheless, a sign of how Naomi isn't going away any time soon - and still generating the sort of genuine controversy Gaga couldn't come close to manufacturing (and that's probably for the best). Meanwhile, Kate is still fronting September issues, and making her millions.

I would have to say I like Kate's the best, but these are all just too simple.

I really like Kate's cover. Naomi's cover doesn't look very interesting, and no comments about Gaga.:ninja:

I've looked at the cover about a dozen times now, really trying to like at leat one of them, but I just find them so bad. Kate's and Naomi's shots are nice, but they really don't make a good cover. I think neither the simplicity nor the logo nor the colors work here.
And I'm totally joining the f***-0ff-Gaga team. I'm so incredibly tired of her. I don't even mind her personality or music that much, but if she wants to keep up being a phenomenon she has to make herself scarce and not try to be everywhere and struggling to find new shocking things to tell, it's getting ridiculous.

I have to say i'm quite disappointed, because with such persons i expected more..And now it comes as kinda simple covers. I think i like only Naomi's cover.

actually that's not a new logo ...
i think they did it once for one of their very first issue ...
* to reconfirm, though. but i'm sure i've seen it once. it's coming from their first 80s issue, i think.

I found it! It's from their second issue: http://www.i-donline.com/product/2-star-issue

I like the star, it's sort of cute & fun. Sometimes I think people take magazines like i-D too seriously in terms of what they define as "cheap" and so on. Because, imo, i-D has more or less been quite a fun and youthful magazine and the star graphic just emphasizes that aspect of the magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
gaga.jpg

[showstudio.com]

I like that image, but it is a shame it's been used when it was floating around on their website for quite a few months now. Oh well! Thanks for posting.

I don't like any cover. The masthead and overall layout does nothing to me. Kate looks nice with the short dark hair but her silhouette is very strange on the cover.

These covers are very dull for an anniversary issue of i-D. Where's the humour, or the edge? I'm not sure black and white was the right decision

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->