i-D Spring 2010 : Natalia by Paolo Roversi / Freja, Sasha by Emma Summerton

i love natalia's cover. very natural and young cover. :heart:

Wow, what hideous covers we have here. the i-D signature wink has always a bit of an awkward gesture but here it's completely unsettling with Natalia's covershot. Freja and Sasha by Summerton also disappoint. Such good models and photographers and this is what the result is? :huh: And what is with so many magazines releasing multiple covers lately? If you can't nail one decent cover shot, what's the point in creating additional covers? How gimmicky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what hideous covers we have here. the i-D signature wink has always a bit of an awkward gesture but here it's completely unsettling with Natalia's covershot. Freja and Sasha by Summerton also disappoint. Such good models and photographers and this is what the result is? :huh: And what is with so many magazines releasing multiple covers lately? If you can't nail one decent cover shot, what's the point in creating additional covers? How gimmicky!

I think i-D releases multiple covers to make up for the fact that they don't publish monthly anymore.

I'm not even a fan of Natalia Vodianova but her cover is obviously the best to me. Love it! Not a fan of Freja's in the least bit though.

Natalia's cover is love. :wub: Definitely my favorite.

I think i-D releases multiple covers to make up for the fact that they don't publish monthly anymore.

Yes probably that and to appeal to various styles of readers. As we can see with this thread, everyone has a different favorite.

I love Frejas cover :heart: Natalias very youthful and fresh but Sashas... dont know, too much going on with the dress and hair

I like each of them.

Though I have to say Sasha's is the weakest :(

Yes probably that and to appeal to various styles of readers. As we can see with this thread, everyone has a different favorite.

Although like others have said, I'd rather they made one stunning cover than leave me to choose the 'least worst', unhappy that the best one never turned up in my stores, making me feel short-changed with the one I do get. Sometimes choice isn't a good thing.

Natalia's is great, i'll always get something with her face on it

OMG those 3 covers are Die for !!!!!!!!!
but I think I'll buy Freja one, because she look ****ing amazing !!!!
And I haven't seen such a good iD cover for a long long time !

Natalia's and Sasha's are both absolutely gorgeous, but very different, so it's hard for me to say which one I like more. Freja's is just...meh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->