i-D Winter 2009 : Georgia Jagger by Paolo Roversi | Lara Stone | Supermodels

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by Northern Star, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

^and a waste of a hasselblad. :P

This editorial is soo boring, it's crazy. she seriously look so bored in these pictures, like she's in a coma!

2. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I don't like it either. She has the same 'expression' (or lack of) in her face. It's like she is thinking: "If I open my mouth, people will notice my cute Lara gapped teeth, so they won't notice the complete lack of emotion in my face.'

3. lafindesiecle

lafindesiecle New Member

i think the lack of spark in georgia's ed indicates a lot about how so much of what really makes a good model is personality -- despite lara and georgia's very similar facial features, what's so awesome about lara is how comfortable she always seems in her own skin (all that nudity always comes off as 'yeah, i don't give a f*ck' and not 'ooh look at me look at me') where georgia just always seems so... uncomfortable, and always somehow seems to make sensuality look a little bit cheap. being gorgeous, gap toothed, curvy and blonde does not a good model make; having a strong sense of self and comfort in front of a camera does.

http://stylefrizz.com/img/georgia-may-jagger-hudson-jeans-ad.jpg
    ^^ georgia 40% naked looking uncomfortable, vulnerable, and slightly trashy

http://fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/lara-stone-0809-w-1.jpg
    ^^ lara 85% naked looking similar but somehow pulling it off, despite the strange obsession with pancaking her boobs to death

4. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

I get what you are saying, but i think that those are unflattering, uncomfortable pictures of both of them. lol. All in all, i understand the gist of your post- what Lara does, contrary to what many people think, is not easy. Posing (semi) nude and flaunting your goodies takes much more balls than it seems and since people see her do it in majority of her work they think it's simple but that certainly is not true. Working with different photographers, make up artists and creative directors under very different circumstances and conditions takes a lot of personality and a high level of professionalism.

#244 Mchunu, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 26, 2009
  5. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

^Working with different photographers, make up artists and creative directors in such a way****

6. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

i didn't want to judge georgia before seeing more of her work, especially because i thought she seemed to be the least pretentious of this daddy-was-a-rockstar generation, but GOD that ed is such a waste of paper (and roversi) indeed. same lifeless face in every single shot, amateurish poses... i really don't see a model. maybe she'll get better as time goes by, but until then i guess the fashion media should tone down the hype... it's too much attention and not enough talent to support it. like they want to popularize lara's look using a more famous name...
    break the spell is quite nice though. thanks for posting Luxx.:flower:

7. Northern Star

Northern Star French Chic

Wish Granted
    Photography Sebastian Kim
    Styling Tina Chai
    Model Sara Blomqvist

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (my own scans)

8. KhaoticKharma

KhaoticKharma Amour Comme Hiver

I agree so much!! Same with V.

9. BerlinRocks

BerlinRocks New Member

i got this issue couple of days ago ...

it is SO WELL packed !!!

i think the fact they went seasonal is GREAT ! ...
    of course i think bimonthly would be better. but they probably have a bigger budget now.

the magazine is FULL of FASHION !!!!
    no useless pages. everything is used perfectly !

the matthew josephs and ellew rogers story is 4 p. (two one page) ...
    hopefully next time (in a season ... which is enough time) they'll have a 8p. story - full pages. though this format is very good !!!

Shalom is AMAZING. You wanna frame Tanya's shot ! Willy V has two stories !!!

PERFECT

go and get it !!! NOW !

10. muglerette

muglerette Member

when is it out in germany...i am waiting and waiting!!!!!
    :-(

11. muglerette

muglerette Member

lol......i already have it....just saw the wrong cover........

:-)