I refuse to wear maternity - help me find a dress!!

UNiQFashionista

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa
Reaction score
I'm 7 months pregnant and up to this point- have not worn any maternity clothes. Holiday and party season is coming- I have two important events that I need two different dresses for
my wedding anniversary and NYE
I'm still pretty small in size and still wear my 26 jeans but with a rubber band instead of buttons, just the bust area and belly area grew so much and continue to grown..- and i dont want to put on a horrible shapeless dress! I thought i can wear lots of my dresses but since most of them are size 0s they dont even close around my bust
for NYE since we might be in miami- i want something on the sexy side- not too sexy obviously-but i can go short-
anniversary something elegant and beautiful- the sky is my budget!

any suggestions?!
its like a mission for me to go through pregnancy without having bought ANY maternity clothes! so help me complete it:lol:

Well, you could always check the plus size sections of stores. They're usually stocked with any type of dress, just designed to fit different body types.

But really, there's a lot of nice maternity clothing these days, including evening dresses. If all else fails, I'd recommend checking to see if there's anything you like, since that'd be your best bet.

Natalia Vodianova wore some beautiful designer gowns while she was pregnant. That might work for your formal events. You might look at her thread for inspiration.

It seems like you would be in luck right now with all the a-lines and empire lines. Would something like work?

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446176888&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574491234213&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1196795903946&ev19=7:10

Or this?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2950964...Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6001766&P=1

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...t000001cat000111cat000131cat9360734cat9360738

Maybe order a larger size than you normally would have it tailored? That is probably what celebs and models do anyways, I would think.

Hopefully that was helpful somehow!

[if it were me] and I could get my hands on these spring 08 Lanvin dresses I think they would be so pretty to wear in all your glory.

style.com

Attachments

• 00090m.jpg
    00090m.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 00220m.jpg
    00220m.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 00410m.jpg
    00410m.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1
two more Lanvin from yoox.com. I think Lanvin does the most beautiful evening wear. :flower:

yoox.com

Attachments

• 340212901L_2.jpg
    340212901L_2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 340213351B_2.jpg
    340213351B_2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
ohh lucky i have thos lanvin dresses in my wishlist for spring- i swear in my officiel 08 edition those two long dresses are circled! hahaa ..they wont be out till next year though

about the plus size- it would be too big, a size 6 dress is too big on me...its just the cut of the dress that has to work- i can still wear a 0 if its cut right...
jaz- that see by chloe is great!! thanks

Maybe a Lanvin from the current collection could work. Maybe a little too casual but they have a loose fit and may look good on you?
0020uf0.jpg

yeah I can't see this being too difficult since you're so small to begin with! Either go up a larger size so that the bust fits and get the rest of it tailored or else just get something with an empire waist/fitted bust and the rest of it will be fine! And the suggest of Natalia Vodianova is a good one since she did a lot of these things.....

Uniq why not try a dressmaker ?
The empire waste look would look great.. or maybe even a loose art deco, flapper dress ?
These styles would look good imo

Look at pics of Natalia Vodianova for inspiration...I can not find the pic but she wore that short fuschia Giambattista Valli dress and looked FAB, I think you know which one I am talking about :smile:

ooh ya i remember that dress- ive been looking for it on ebay for a while, i remember when i saw it last year at harvey nicks- saying how fabulous it was, wish i bought it
so far im managing - some dresses that i own still fit me and im 7 months- so 2 more months shouldnt be hard!

hey Uniq, i just saw one in the celebrities wearing runway looks thread. about 10 pages back i think? JLo wore a white Versace dress that looked so beautiful. I think it's going to work!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->