Ideas for Runway Presentation?

surferchica

Reaction score
My Friend and I are coming up with concepts for our runway show that we are putting together (have no Idea when were doing it) but we were thinking to start out with mellow feminine girly clothes with sweet mellow music then to bust out with urban wear and like JLO music or something and then at the end show off our rock collection with some awesome rock music. What do you guys think and would you want to attend something like that?:huh:

i made the thread title a bit more specific, you're more likely to get response then:flower:

personally i think it's a bit on the safe side, maybe there should be a 'twist' of some sort in the presentation?

I think it really depends on the clothing... If you could give some key words that would describe the details and feeling of the clothing it would be easier to answer your question?

the general idea seems kind of generic (i don't mean that in a bad way) but anna's and breathe's suggestions are good ones...what types of clothes are we talking? what is the curation going to look like? good clothes and music are great, but often having some set design/curation helps too.

otherwise i'm pretty happy to go to runway shows anyway, provided i like the clothes.

good luck! :heart:

I guess I should specify. I really want to know some ideas for music. I mean what do other designers use and do you have to ask the artist if you can use their music? Thanks for the advice

^ Well whats the "feel" or style of the clothes or a feeling you want to come across?...

I helped out my friend for their design project and it came out wonderful. The clothes were very edgy and very ultra sexy...with fetish touches like think Dior and Alexander Mcqueen with a touch of Victor&Rolf kookiness and like as if you stole some of mummys prim and proper Chanel pieces and put it with your very grungy glam things...the playlist was these songs remixed

The Bravery- Unconditional
THe Kills- The Good Ones
Kaiser Chiefs- Everyday I Love You (Less and Less)
Bloc Party- Positive Tension
Kasbian- I didn't catch the name of the song
The Faint Worked Up So Sexual

All those songs fit perfectly with the clothes...I liked the Kaiser Chiefs segement of the show though. He was portraying like a "celeb couple" together and "paparrazzi" following the couple thats on the rocks and verge of breaking up from the pressures.

We really tried to use the message of the songs to add to the clothes more of the story... the songs were all rock and edgy and added to the subject- the glamour veiled dark days of Hollywood scene. no one would have gotten that they were about to break from pressure if we didnt use Everyday I love You (Less and Less) to play...you'd get that okay the people with cameras are supposed to be papparats...but now you know why they are following the unhappy couple- trying to get a break about their relationship (we were thinking about Nick&Jessica rumors as inspiration).

I'd gladly help you like everyone else here, but like giving us an idea of what your clothes look like, possible themes and inspirations, etc would help us try to think of something that is appropriate for the clothes :flower:

The Clothes are so diverse. Think Derek Lam/Donna Karen and Marc jacobs mixed with JLO'S Sweetface and Baby phat and a little betsey johnson and heatherette. Really fun and funky but still wearable and feminine. We were thinking the models come out at first very prim and proper with our donaa karen inspired dresses and tops (Tunics, ruffles) and walk to very mellow music. Then we bring out the kind of ghetto clothes and play some jlo music (Jlo inspired clothing: Diamond Studded Denim, Gaucho's) and then bring out some wild models with some hot rock music wearing our betsey johnson inspired clothes ( tulle, graphic t-'s big skirts, boho feel)? I don't know. It's a fashion show for our school so it doesn't have to be perfect, but we want it to be fun. It's to raise awareness and money for aids so we want people to enjoy it and really realize the heart that we put into it. Any suggestions will be very helpful. Thank you guys for the suggestions that you guys have posted already they are amazing!! I never would have thought of some of that. Oh we have our whole Autotorium to use and it's interesting cause the autotorium actually has a "Runway" going straight through the center. We also need ideas for decorating the runway. We were thinking Heatherette 2005 with the pink and glitter. I dunno

If you have a lot of urban pieces, maybe some graffiti graphics might work well. You could take some type of canvas to apply the graffiti to and have colored spotlights from behind to illuminate the writing.

^ instead of graffiti I would just make the background look worn out and weathered to give an urban feel without making a huge statement. It is something that is very versatile also.

Example: Just be creative...

bxp37387.jpg

dirty%20walls.JPG

if you know someone who is good with metal working, a polished steel runway cover could be done pretty cheaply, and it would work well for all three segments

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->