Iggy Azalea

Discussion in 'Celebrity Singers/Musicians' started by thenewclassic, Mar 7, 2013.

1. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

[​IMG]

Turn First Artists

I was very surprised to find out there's no thread for her here, Iggy is only about to release her first single "Work" off her debut album this month but she's been up & coming since late 2011.

Iggy is represented by Wilhelmina Models and has already appeared in promotional shoots for Levi's and House of Holland last year. She's also going to be featured in the new adidas Originals global campaign.

2. untxi

untxi New Member

Gorgeous talented girl. :heart:

3. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

House of Holland Eyewear Collection (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Levi's "Go Forth" Campaign (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pics via iggy-azalea.net

4. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

Clash Magazine (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Promotional "Trapgold" shoot (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

iggy-azalea.net

5. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

Refinery29 (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    iggy-azalea.net

Iggy Azalea Releases First Single "Work"

Listen: https://soundcloud.com/iggy-azalea-official/work

Out of Australia via Atlanta, Iggy Azalea is the hottest new female rap star in the game. Having spent 2012 turning heads and garnering the respect of industry and hip hop heavy-weights Iggy has signed a deal with Mercury Records here in the UK.

Iggy Azalea’s original cult classic mixtape Ignorant Art, catapulted her into the limelight in 2011, shortly followed by the 6 track Glory EP, which featured a track with Mike Posner, B.o.B and Pusha T. May last year brought Steve Aoki’s incredible hit Beat Down that Iggy featured on making way for her third mixtape, Trap Gold, which dropped at the tail end of 2012. The Trap Gold mixtape highlights Iggy’s unmistakable double-time flows, trap beats and pristine production courtesy of Diplo and FKi.

The 8th April sees Iggy’s first official UK release, Work, showcasing a snippet of her highly anticipated debut album, The New Classic, produced by The Invisible Men and 1stdown of FKi, due to release Spring 2013. Defining Iggy’s journey to this moment, Work is laced with brooding beats and strutting the line “No money, no family, 16 in the middle of Miami”, the track is a sure statement of her undeniable force.

In March, Iggy will be hitting the road with legendary rap star, Nas on the European leg of his tour. Already having sold out headline shows across the US and Europe, Iggy is set to take her live show to the next level armed with her signature crisp flow, unrelenting energy, attitude and confidence that excels her years.

European Support Dates:

11.03.13 - Paris, Olympia
    12.03.13 - Brussels, AB
    14.03.13 - Stockholm, Berns
    15.03.13 - Oslo, Sentrum Scene
    16.03.13 - Arhaus, Train
    19.03.13 - London, O2 Arena
    20.03.13 - Birmingham, HMV Institute
    22.03.13 - Heidelberg, HalleO2
    26.03.13 - Hamburg, Ubel & Gefahrlich
    27.03.13 - Berlin, Astra Kulturhaus

http://www.yoraps.com/news1.php?subaction=showfull&id=1361866369&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

6. nightclubbing

nightclubbing New Member

I was wondering when a thread for her would get started! She looked so amazing in all the Brit awards photos I have seen.

7. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

Promoshoot (2013):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Schön! Magazine (No. 20 - 2013):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

iggy-azalea.net

8. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

Dazed & Confused (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    dazeddigital.com (+ interview)

V Magazine (2011):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

V Magazine (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

iggy-azalea.net

Behind The Scenes:

9. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

[​IMG]

stupiddope.com

10. snowqueen

snowqueen New Member

I love her style and her music :wub: about time she got her big break..that girls gonna go far

11. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

Nylon Mexico (2012):

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    iggy-azalea.net

12. nightclubbing

nightclubbing New Member

I hated the Nylon Mexico cover, there were other shots that I think would have been better to use.

13. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

I agree, I didn't love the shot they used on that cover either.

[​IMG]
    http://www.facebook.com/1883magazine

Iggy Azalea attends and performs at the MAC Cosmetics Champs Elysees Store Opening Party on March 21, 2013, in Paris, France.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    iggy-azalea.net

14. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

Iggy Azalea attends a press conference to announce ‘The Sound Of Change Live‘, a global concert event, at the Soho Hotel on March 26, 2013 in London, United Kingdom. Chime For Change, a global campaign for girls’ and women’s empowerment founded by Gucci and with a founding committee comprised of Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini, Salma Hayek Pinault and Beyonce Knowles-Carter, today announced a concert event at London’s Twickenham Stadium on June 1 with Co-founder and Artistic Director, Beyonce as headliner. Also set to perform are Ellie Goulding, Florence and the Machine, HAIM, Iggy Azalea, John Legend, Laura Pausini, Rita Ora, Timbaland and more to be announced. Visit the official site here!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    iggy-azalea.net

15. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

:woot:

16. EvaH

EvaH New Member

Can't wait to see her at the sound of change ! Too bad I didn't know about her when she came to London !
    Posted via Mobile Device

17. MartiniKiss

MartiniKiss New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    justjared.com

18. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

MUSIC
    Out of the Box: An Interview with Rapper Iggy Azalea
    by Mark Guiducci

[​IMG]
    Photo: Rankin

“No money, no family / Sixteen in the middle of Miami.” These are the starkly candid lyrics of Iggy Azalea’s new single “Work.” But talking to the Australian rapper, you quickly learn that she was, in fact, only fifteen years old when she first left her native town of Mullumbimby to move, without any parental supervision, to the United States. “I’d known since about eleven that I wanted to live in America,” she says. “At this point, I feel like I’m more from California than Australia. L.A. is my home.” In the eight years since Azalea’s stateside arrival, she has established herself as an unmistakable member of rap music’s next generation, joining ranks with the likes of Angeleno Kendrick Lamar, her recent collaborator Wale, Wiz Khalifa, and A$AP Rocky, a former flame whose name Azalea has tattooed, and crossed out, on her left pinky finger. Needless to say, the platinum blonde Azalea is the only female among them.

And it’s a distinction she owns. Her cultivated look could best be described as aggressively feminine. At her Bowery Ballroom concert earlier this week, for instance, she wore red lacquered stiletto nails, bangs gelled up like Cameron Diaz in There’s Something About Mary, and mid-show removed a floral A-line skirt to reveal matching hot pants while whipping her long ponytail like a helicopter. Her unabashed façade is matched only by her lyrics, which accompany singles like “Pu$$y” and “Murda Bizness.” “I naturally want to be provocative,” Azalea says of carving out her own niche. “[Women] don’t have a lot of ways to be portrayed and more times than not, you feel like you’ve been put in the wrong box.” She feels that the rapper Angel Haze, who has openly discussed her bisexuality, for instance, is a kindred spirit. “She’s more of a tomboy and I’m a girly girl, but I’d love to do something with her.”

Until that collaboration, look forward to Azalea’s debut album, The New Classic, out in the fall, and a summer tour that continues with two shows in Los Angeles next week. Also on the horizon? A music video visually inspired by Blade Runner and Showgirls: Azalea is obsessed with both.

http://www.vogue.com/culture/article/out-of-the-box-an-interview-with-rapper-iggy-azalea/

19. thenewclassic

thenewclassic Member

20. LegsXI

LegsXI New Member

I like the production on Bounce but the lyrics don't really cut it for me.