imanatnyse9.jpg

imanatnyse8.jpg
imanatnyse6.jpg

imanatnyse5.jpg
imanatnyse.jpg

imanatnyse4.jpg
imanatnyse3.jpg

imanatnyse2.jpg

Supermodel Iman celebrates ESSENCE magazine's 40th anniversaryat the New York Stock Exchange on August 5, 2010 in New York City.

wireimage

Naomi Campbell, Iman & Liya Kebede cover Essence Magazine September 2010

essence.jpg

essence.com

i liked that pic with the 3 of them in black.iman looks lovely as always. i didnt like the cover oh and i love the red dress .is it red what color is that

One of world's most famous models, she is still an evergreen beauty
Name
Iman Abdulmajid.

Famous for

Being a supermodel. As well as Mrs. David Bowie.

Distinctive features

The perfect oval shape of her face.

Things to know
Daughter of a diplomat - her father was the ambassador of Somalia for Saudia Arabia - her mother was a nurse; she has two brothers and two sisters. She's lived in Egypt and Kenya and got her degree in political science in Nairobi. She's fluent in five languages: Somali, Arabic, English, French and Italian. "Italian was my first foreign language. I speak it better than English." Her only "sin" is that she had her breasts re-done at the age of 25.

Her Career

She was discovered in 1975 while a student at University, by the photographer Peter Beard. "I beg you, don't use the verb, 'discover', I hate it. What does it mean, that I didn't exist before?". In 1976 she moved to the United States to begin working as a model. During her debut, Beard created a kind of "myth" around Iman, recounting how he met her while she was herding goats in the Savannah, hiding her bourgeois and intellectual origins. She's acted in several films, as well as a Star Trek episode. She's written two books: I am Iman and The Beauty of Color: The Ultimate Guide for Skin of Color. Today she's a business woman, and heads the cosmetic company Iman Cosmetics, Skincare & Fragrances and the clothing and accessories brand, Iman Global Chic. This year she was awarded the Fashion Icon Award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.

Good causes

She's very active in social issues, particularly in the foundation Keep a Child Alive.

She hates
Prejudices. And when people are described as "exotic", especially herself.

Hobbies
Cooking and working out.

She's said
"I've always said that I was an accomplice to the Iman mythology, never a victim..."

Relationship status
She's been married three times: the first, at 18 years old with another Somali; their marriage ended when she left for the U.S. to work as a model. Her second marriage lasted from 1977 to 1987, with the American basketball player Spencer Haywood, with whom she had a daughter, Zulekha. In 1992, she married her current husband, the "White Duke", David Bowie. Their wedding took place in Florence on June 6th. Iman wore a dress by Hervé Leger and David wore a tuxedo designed for him by Thierry Mugler. They have a daughter, Alexandria Zahra, called "Lexi", who was born in 2000.

vogue.it​

Model/Actress IMAN uses her husband’s real last name (David Robert Jones) to get Starbucks in Manhattan, NYC

HQs

modelcandids.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->