Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
is it a good idea? what do you think ?

here the article from fwd :flower:

Tommy Taps Bowie and Iman for H Hilfiger Collection Campaign
By Godfrey Deeny
October 27, 2003 - New York

Tommy Hilfiger has signed David Bowie and his wife Iman as the models for the launch advertising campaign of his new H Hilfiger collection debuting in Spring 2004.  :blink:

"David Bowie and Iman bring everything I’m looking for to represent this brand – music, style, elegance, creativity, sophistication – they’re a living testament to all that influences and inspires me," said Hilfiger.

The move marks the latest union of Tommy with the gods of rock, from his sponsorship of The Rolling Stones “No Security” tour and Lenny Kravitz’s 32-city “Freedom” tour, to Tommy Jeans for Britney Spears, and Tommy Hilfiger for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute exhibition, entitled Rock Style.

"David is not only a rock ‘n’ roll legend and a true artist, he’s also a style icon whose evolving look over the years has had a huge impact on the world of fashion and music. And Iman, in addition to being the ultimate supermodel and a style icon in her own right, is the ideal woman - smart, entrepreneurial, chic, beautiful, ambitious and creative… I am honored to feature them in my new campaign," Hilfiger added.

The campaign will mark the debut campaign for the Thin White Duke and the first time he and his supermodel wife have appeared together in the same ads.

Ellen von Unwerth   :heart: shot the campaign in the Amsterdam’s famed five-star Amstel Hotel on October 14. Due to break in April issues of US men’s and women’s magazines, the fashion house has budgeted $10 million for the campaign which supports the launch of H Hilfiger, the brand's new pinnacle line, seen by Tommy as the sophisticated and refined top collection among his house’s diverse product offerings.

"I very much admire Tommy's ability to weave so many influences into his work. Iman and I are thrilled to be working with him,” said Bowie who was photographed between stops on his sold out European “Reality” tour promoting his new CD by the same name. The tour reaches North America December 6, the U.S. and Canadian dates encompassing 20-plus cities.

“I’m very taken by Tommy’s new H Hilfiger line. And working with both David and Ellen Von Unwerth on this project is a real plus, and such a lot of fun,” added Iman.

A Somali-born model known for her charitable work and devotion to many AIDS, world hunger relief and children's charities, Iman has appeared on scores of magazines covers and catwalks and has featured in occasional film roles, most notably in “Out of Africa.”

Her advertising work, however, has not been without controversy. Last year, she was the target of Third World activists’ attacks for her role as spokes model of De Beers LV. In October 2002, supporters of the Kalahari 'Bushmen' went so far as to cover up posters of Iman at De Beers LV flagship London store's site with an image of a Bushman bearing the slogan, "The Bushmen Aren't Forever," after Botswana's government relocated thousands of them in a game reserve filled with diamond mines from which De Beers was supplied.

It will be interesting to see Iman and David together. I think they are both very unique and beautiful people. :heart: Not of a fan of Ellen von Unwerth, though. :doh:

Thanks for the article, Lena.
:flower:

my problem is that Hilfiger is not worth them posing.. if you know what i mean :rolleyes: still maybe in U.S. Hilfiger has a better reputation than in europe

He doesn't. :wink: I think they are far better than Hilfiger but there's nothing I can do about that. I'll just enjoy the pictures when they come out. B)

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 29th, 2003 - 12:09 pm
I think they are far better than Hilfiger but there's nothing I can do about that.
:rofl: i wish you could do something about this astrid, mail them they should choose a better brand next time :P

Which brand do you suggest? I'm rather sick of non-models appearing in ad campaigns. :doh: As much as I love Bowie, I'd rather see him on stage. :mohawk:

they'd be better for DK , me also i prefer Bowie on stage :wink:

Donna Karan? Maybe Iman, but Bowie is much cooler than that. I would suggest Helmut Lang for Bowie. He takes excellent black and white pictures and I think the clothes would suit him better. Or maybe Dior Homme. I can definitely see him in one of these poses. :arrow:

Last edited by a moderator:
of course you are right Astrid, he could be great for HL..
i was just thinking mainstream US labels that love using celebrity couples, hence the DK mentioning from my part :blush: :ninja:

though ms.Iman looks abit plastic nowadays then bowie well i cant really see their age group in a tommy ad maybe if its couture!

I agree with both Astrid and Lena, :flower: .

I do prefer Bowie on stage and, yes, their better than Hilfiger so I'll just try enjoy whatever photos come out shot by Ellen von Unwerth. :wink:

As for Bowie posing fro Helmut or Hedi, I'd prefer a model. :flower:

Originally posted by eguana@Oct 29th, 2003 - 4:52 pm
well i cant really see their age group in a tommy ad maybe if its couture!
so true, maybe thats why they need them, to target a different age group

Doesn't David Bowie tend to wear alot of J.Crew stuff?

Still,its such a horrible thought knowing such an icon of originality is doing something so banal and unoriginal. Commercial or not,that crap Hilfiger produces is hideous.

I can see him in Helmut Lang ads as I could Dior Homme.

this just dosnt fit at all im quite disapouinted in tehm , but then again they proebly did it for the money.

I think bowie would be great for dior homme, it reall suits his style and body, id ount know about HL

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 29th, 2003 - 6:29 am
of course you are right Astrid, he could be great for HL..
i was just thinking mainstream US labels that love using celebrity couples, hence the DK mentioning from my part :blush: :ninja:
I think Iman would look amazing in Donna Karan. :flower:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Oct 29th, 2003 - 9:06 am
As would I, Ignitioned - but we are talking about the different brands that Bowie would look better suited with. :wink:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 30th, 2003 - 3:11 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 30th, 2003 - 3:11 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Oct 29th, 2003 - 9:06 am
As would I, Ignitioned - but we are talking about the different brands that Bowie would look better suited with. :wink: [/b][/quote]
If that's the case then Bowie would be perfect for Dior Homme. The pose, hair and suit, in the photo posted, seems to have some Bowie elements. :wink:

when bowie has such good taste, why would he pose for the poor man's ralph lauren??

always goes back to $ i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"