Imitation Of Christ F/W 2004 New York

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:shock: what?
:blink: no vintage? no crazy combinations? well, IOC seem ready to make some money with their quite basic fw KNIT collection that came as a shock ...

loved EricBeamon's bracelets and the one boots rules the show attitude :flower:

black faves

also liked the way the show was staged and Rita's painted 'catwalk'

here the review from style.com
NEW YORK, February 8, 2004 – Tara Subkoff is a new woman. In an about-face from her retro-inspired spring collection, which celebrated the glamour of Old Hollywood, the designer presented a vintage-free fall knitwear collection to an artist-heavy crowd packed into the small 94th Street salon of independent curator Jeanne Greenberg Rohatyn. A decent portion of the audience had actually had a hand in the production: Paula Hayes’ Forest installation formed the backdrop, while Rita :heart: Ackermann helped paint the meandering paper runway, strewn with white roses and magnolia leaves. Also in attendance were Jimmy Fallon, Sam Taylor-Wood, and a gaggle of under-fives that included Mingus Reedus, whose saucer-sized blue eyes followed his mom, Helena :sick: Christensen, as she walked.
Subkoff’s theme was a kind of extreme take on the strong woman: half goddess (but not of the drapey sort), half Amazon. (sophia K???)
That translated into microscopically short, body-loving knits, mostly rendered in black, white, and metallics, accessorized with Erickson Beamon cuff bracelets and knee-high gold Puma boots. This was a tightly focused show that marked a departure from Imitation of Christ’s established brand image. Though reworked vintage will continue to be available by special order, Subkoff, for now, seems focused on her own original :unsure: designs .
This takes her out of an increasingly crowded niche, but how well she can fare in a bigger, more competitive arena remains to be seen.

plus some more faves :flower:

Yeah I was suppose to see this show, but they switched her from Bryant Park then only 25 or so people were invited to the new show, it was a mess and that ticked a lot of people off. Upon seeing the video from the show I found it boring period. :ninja:

I much prefer this to IOC's S/S 04 offering mostly because the pretense factor is way down. I can only hope it's because Chloe Sevigny had nothing to do with it.

And give it up to seeing Maja Latinovic and Colette P. on the runway again!

I like the neckline of that dress in the middle of the first set of pictures and some of the shapes of later stuff. I like the sort of drabness of the collection :lol:

Originally posted by Atelier@Feb 10th, 2004 - 11:13 am
I much prefer this to IOC's S/S 04 offering mostly because the pretense factor is way down. I can only hope it's because Chloe Sevigny had nothing to do with it.

And give it up to seeing Maja Latinovic and Colette P. on the runway again!
agreed.

I don't like this at all. If you pardon my saying so, this is exactly what the fashion public needs to see after all the seasons of hype and praise. This solidifies the questions of their success and their talent and frankly there is none here. I agree though about the pretense factor.

The only thing worth mentioning is the collaboration with Rita Ackermann.

Ditto about Colette!

boring yes.......but for some reason i like it. the boots i want :woot:
i like these outfits.
i could wear this everyday.......
100123693.jpg

100123715.jpg

simple but sexy.
100123714.jpg

i agree with lolita, those are basic everyday clothes, very easy to wear,
if quality is good, i cant see why not?

Just so my comment won't get misconstrued-what I mean is,are they really capable of creating things other than just re-working? I'm sorry,I like the fact that this is easy to wear,but there is no structure in this and I find it to solidify that they have no know-how of actually designing a garmet. So if this is the path they are taking,will it be nothing but dowdy from here on?

I could see myself wearing these clothes as well, Love the boots... :heart: it may be boring but I like it!

i dont see anything wrong with total simplicity, total simplicity has it's own structure, might be less 'interesting' to most but following an overdose of extreme styles, simple forms and shapes, seem somehow fresh to me :ninja:

but then, i'm weird :lol:

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 10th, 2004 - 3:33 pm
Just so my comment won't get misconstrued-what I mean is,are they really capable of creating things other than just re-working? I'm sorry,I like the fact that this is easy to wear,but there is no structure in this and I find it to solidify that they have no know-how of actually designing a garmet. So if this is the path they are taking,will it be nothing but dowdy from here on?
I agree with Scott.

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 10th, 2004 - 11:33 pm
are they really capable of creating things other than just re-working?
apparently they are able to 'create' very simple shapes and basic knits, just the fact that they are moving on from re-working vintage is an improvement no? :P

Originally posted by Lena+Feb 10th, 2004 - 2:51 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Feb 10th, 2004 - 2:51 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 10th, 2004 - 11:33 pm
are they really capable of creating things other than just re-working?
apparently they are able to 'create' very simple shapes and basic knits, just the fact that they are moving on from re-working vintage is an improvement no? :P [/b][/quote]
Its an improvement in its approach. I'm very hard to please when it comes to celebs in fashion for some reason :lol: I'm still very doubtful.

I really love it, i am totally in love with thosu godl puma boots :heart: :heart:

It remidns me of Sonia rykiel actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->