'imitation Of Vincent'

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
entertaining :lol:

COPY CAT: Vincent Gallo sat front row at the Marc Jacobs show on Monday night, sitting next to Anna Sui and sharing the spotlight with Maggie Gyllenhaal, Shiva Rose and Dylan McDermott (at their first Marc show), Carolyn Murphy and boyfriend Brandon Boyd, the Incubus frontman. Gallo, known for his grouchiness, couldn't have been in better spirits. He said he loves fashion shows. “It's like going to the theater. The people are great, the music is great. I just love creative things with a purpose, the design and the aesthetics.”

Then his crabbier side came out. Several years ago, Gallo himself tried his hand at designing a fashion line, which he described as similar to Imitation of Christ. “But I did it 15 years before Tara Subkoff, who's a fake actress and a fake artist. That line is more like Imitation of Vincent Gallo. She was talentless then and she's even more talentless now.” :rofl: :rofl:

Gallo said his new movie, “The Brown Bunny,” which Roger Ebert described as less entertaining than watching a colonoscopy when it premiered at Cannes last May, has finally found a distributor and will be released in December.

from wwd

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 4:05 am
entertaining :lol:

COPY CAT: Vincent Gallo sat front row at the Marc Jacobs show on Monday night, sitting next to Anna Sui and sharing the spotlight with Maggie Gyllenhaal, Shiva Rose and Dylan McDermott (at their first Marc show), Carolyn Murphy and boyfriend Brandon Boyd, the Incubus frontman. Gallo, known for his grouchiness, couldn't have been in better spirits. He said he loves fashion shows. “It's like going to the theater. The people are great, the music is great. I just love creative things with a purpose, the design and the aesthetics.”

Then his crabbier side came out. Several years ago, Gallo himself tried his hand at designing a fashion line, which he described as similar to Imitation of Christ. “But I did it 15 years before Tara Subkoff, who's a fake actress and a fake artist. That line is more like Imitation of Vincent Gallo. She was talentless then and she's even more talentless now.” :rofl:  :rofl:

Gallo said his new movie, “The Brown Bunny,” which Roger Ebert described as less entertaining than watching a colonoscopy when it premiered at Cannes last May, has finally found a distributor and will be released in December.

from wwd
Someone, please shoot him and rid him and the world of his blandness and misery. He's such a no-show.

Lena, check out just how much Vincent Gallo actually did. This is from a 1998 interview with Terri Gillis, who owns the TG-170 store in NYC.

TERRI: I don't know if you can put this in there — this is sort of mean, probably. But when I first met Vincent Gallo, he was going to design clothes, or he was designing clothes, or ... I think he was taking old clothes and redoing them, and he was going to put them in the store. Of course, he never did because he's too busy. But I was thinking that would have been so great, because I think he has such great taste himself. He has great style. I was thinking that all the girls in the East Village would want to come in and check out the clothes because every one of them is in love with him. [laughs] It's true!

In other words, he never did anything! What could Tara have possibly copied? Vincent Gallo is so full of crap and is hell bent on attaching as many labels to his name as possible: actor, director, fashion designer, painter, etc. He's horrible at everything he does and doofus on top of that. What a wipe.

atelier, please dont get me wrong, i'm no Vincent fanclub member, i actually find him boring and pretentious myself.

the only reason i've posted the wwd article was because it actually made me laugh out loud :P

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 11th, 2004 - 9:51 am
atelier, please dont get me wrong, i'm no Vincent fanclub member, i actually find him boring and pretentious myself.

the only reason i've posted the wwd article was because it actually made me laugh out loud :P
Naturally! It was entertaining.

:lol:

Lena, it made me laugh too! I'm just adding extra info as I'll take any opportunity to speak badly of Vincent!

Thanks for posting! :smile:

Harmony Korine has more talent than Vincent Gallo. As for what he said about Tara,I wouldn't disagree whole-heartedly but he's in the same boat :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Atelier@Feb 11th, 2004 - 9:48 am
Lena, check out just how much Vincent Gallo actually did. This is from a 1998 interview with Terri Gillis, who owns the TG-170 store in NYC.

TERRI: I don't know if you can put this in there — this is sort of mean, probably. But when I first met Vincent Gallo, he was going to design clothes, or he was designing clothes, or ... I think he was taking old clothes and redoing them, and he was going to put them in the store. Of course, he never did because he's too busy. But I was thinking that would have been so great, because I think he has such great taste himself. He has great style. I was thinking that all the girls in the East Village would want to come in and check out the clothes because every one of them is in love with him. [laughs] It's true!

In other words, he never did anything! What could Tara have possibly copied? Vincent Gallo is so full of crap and is hell bent on attaching as many labels to his name as possible: actor, director, fashion designer, painter, etc. He's horrible at everything he does and doofus on top of that. What a wipe.
oh-my-god! he is sooooo annoying- :ninja:
:sick: :sick: :sick:

lena-thanks for the chuckle! :woot:

If Vincent Gallo thinks he created reworked vinatge he has alot of issues :rolleyes:

tehre are tons of people doing reowrked vinatge other than IOC to.

sorry to break up the party girls.

but you are all very wrong.

gallo did have his own clothing and he did sell pieces.

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 13th, 2004 - 7:33 am
:lol: love your signature missy :kiss:
oh well thank you!

it's just such a perfect way to sum up tacky tara, so you know i just couldn't help myself!

lol that's funny
the man is so pretentious it's unbelievable

100124635.jpg
:brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"