In Their Own Words.....

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally posted by Style.com
100120375.jpg

Alber Elbaz on Lanvin
“It's seamless, it’s simple. Every dress was done almost three times, and every time I saw the dresses in the atelier, at the fittings, I canceled one more thing. In the end, we only did dresses made out of one piece of fabric. This was a new thing for me, something very light, almost timeless. I added the masks because I was in a good mood, a mood of carnival, of freedom—people behind masks are more free, somehow.”

100120381.jpg

Giorgio Armani
“Blue-and-white stripes. What can be cleaner? Of course it's reminiscent of sailors. It just looks fresh. The seawater always gets the sailors wet, so this is the inspiration. Clean and smelling good, perfumed with the scent of the sea.”

100120382.jpg

Jean Paul Gaultier
“It was a mix of femininity and masculinity, of course, but childish masculinity. It’s something I do all the time, in reality, only going a little more toward a boyish attitude.”

100120383.jpg

John Galliano on Christian Dior
“Marlene Dietrich was a great client of Monsieur Dior himself and I loved her sense of ambiguity, her artistry. We took that as the starting point and it inspired me to rework the suit in a way that works for today. After this whole world of separates to suddenly put on this fantastic jacket that matches the skirt is really modern—but with the attitude of Courtney Love, Janis Joplin, Marianne Faithful, which just, like, gave it that edge.”

100120384.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld on Chanel
“I don't know why, I never thought of making the Chanel trench typically Chanel. A simple idea, to add the braid, which is specially made in cotton, and the second you are in the raincoat you know it is Chanel.”

100120386.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld on Lagerfeld Gallery
“Lagerfeld Gallery is always a very graphic line. It's all about proportions, cut, silhouette. Graphic does not mean stiff. It means impeccably built, but it’s not like wearing armor.”

100120389.jpg

Olivier Theyskens on Rochas
“I want the collection to work on a very personal idea of a woman that is very intimate—not a trendy one. The bustier was very important; the proportions bring a sexy feeling, but I really wanted to do something…not unsexy, but almost cold, you know? Using the form of it to make the woman look beautiful.”

100120391.jpg

Rick Owens
“I think that my stuff can seem very uncontrolled sometimes, and I was really kind of working to be a little bit more controlled. Not too much, but we gotta show that we know what we're doing a little bit!”

100120392.jpg

Rolf Snoeren on Viktor & Rolf
“It's really all about loosening up and lightening up and that's why drapery is very important, also using lighter fabrics. The eveningwear section was quite new for us, to do it like this, and we really wanted to do it for Hollywood, to be honest.”

Im always intrested to see what desigenrs say about their work, very cool :P

Thanks so much, Astrid :flower:
I always like to hear the story behind a collection

Thanks for sharing! :flower: It's interesting to read what fashion writers think and hearing from the designers about what they really meant by their collections is even more interesting.

very cool Astrid!! Thanks for posting that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->