Indigo People, F/W '05-'06 New York

cerfas

Reaction score
21dc1h

21dc8i

21dc8o

21dc8z

21dc9g

Siri Kuptamethee holds a special place in my heart. I love his designs. Because of commercial concerns, I feel that he's been severely limited creatively and that is a shame, because he has some really fun and playful ideas. In case you didn't know, he was a co-founder of United Bamboo...eventually he was replaced with Thuy, but Siri is more talented with draping than Thuy is. That's why United Bamboo stuff started to look like it didn't fit as well. I am such a big fan of early United Bamboo. It was very intelligent but not pretentious.

Image credits: First image (logo) from www.indigopeople.net
Second image from http://www.karmaloop.com/email/loop2/02.05/feature-nyla.htm (Excerpt from article: "What is your clothing label?

Indigo People is an imaginary person. I have created clothes for him or her to wear. It's a personal experience that is for sharing. It's also a fantasy. In each collection I act as a narrator telling my story.")

The rest of the images from hintmag.com, documenting the F/W 0506 collection

thanks for the topic and the pics dear...very nice...:flower:

You're welcome!
Siri is such a creative person (and not to mention kind). I really hope he gets some better backers so he can be free to create as he pleases & not have to worry so much about financial concerns.

it's a familiar tune...sung by many creative types...:innocent:

Hey,thanks cerfas. Nice to see him back...making beautiful menswear.

You're welcome, Scott.
I love that when I google "Indigo People" I get lots of things about crystals and hippies.

Funny,that happens when I search "cosmic wonder" and I get things regarding space.

there is many thinsg about Indigo children/people in metaphysical though I could scare you with.

I used to like them, now I just think it's boring hipstery clothes.

cerfas, thanks for posting! Tfs is lucky to have you!

Spacemiu--go ahead, I'd actually like to hear more about it , hehe

Yeah, I think the transition into boring not even hipstery but yuppie ish clothes goes along with the designer's concerns with actually selling his clothes. They definitely get less and less interesting, especially in menswear, as seasons progress. It's too bad.

thx for posting:flower:

I've been wondering what happened to him. I think it looks good, nothing ground breaking but I do see a little "something" to it. It's most definitely sellable.

You're welcome, Chris.
And I wish there were more on his website. :/

Also, here is the rest of the article I linked to
What is your clothing label?

Indigo People is an imaginary person. I have created clothes for him or her to wear. It's a personal experience that is for sharing. It's also a fantasy. In each collection I act as a narrator telling my story.

When did you start?

Year 2000

Why did you start?

I needed a new wardrobe and I planned on making it just for myself but life inspired me at that moment and so I decided to make it for sale.

How many people are on the team?

Now, 4 active force + a supporting team. Thanks to this team that keep Indigo People going.

What were you doing before this?

I opened a clothing boutique back in the early 90's but was tired of being a buyer and wanted to design my own.

Who have you collaborated with?

For the collections; My lover, my past and our future dream. For special projects; once with my artist friend, Fuchsia, she make accessories for S/S'03 runway show. I have developed some prints for collections with other artist friends as well. For recent work, I have collaborated with KT Auleta for Zing magazine Fall 2003 photo story based on Jean Cocteau films.

Where can people find your clothing?

Men's and women's at Opening Ceremony and Steven Alan New York; Men's at Bloomingdale's, Soho New York; Women's at American Rag in LA and San Francisco, Vice Fashion New York. We have done specially made clothings for private clients; just contact us at [email protected]

What's next?

Design a living space of our own.
http://www.karmaloop.com/email/loop2/02.05/feature-nyla.htm

I love KT Autela:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kccccbr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"