Industrie No. 2 : Marc Jacobs by Patrick Demarchelier

Its not Genius, but its interesting and very much EYE CANDY
I love the cover and Marc looks STUNNING!

The New Creative Establishment 2010 — The 50 Most Influential Creative Forces Working in Fashion Today

LONDON, United Kingdom — Today, The Business of Fashion brings you an exclusive preview of The New Creative Establishment, a list of the 50 most influential and inspirational creatives working in fashion today, developed by our friends at INDUSTRIE magazine for their second issue which comes out later this month and was inspired by a much-watched list with a similar name published by Vanity Fair called ‘The New Establishment’.

Ever since the widely-read debut issue of INDUSTRIE hit the stands last May, editors Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson have been carefully creating their list which they say is a “celebration of creativity in fashion.” After the first draft of the list was developed, they sought feedback from fashion insiders and peers, and re-iterated the list several times. The emphasis is on the word ‘new’ as there are obviously some very important longtime names who continue to wield great influence who are not on the list. In the end, “those listed were selected not only for their creative faculties/creative contribution to fashion today but also because of the wider impact their work has had on fashion business, the social and other creative industries.”

So, without further ado, here is The New Creative Establishment from INDUSTRIE magazine. What are your thoughts and opinions? Who deserves to be on the list? Is anyone missing? And what do you think of fashion power lists in general?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

01. MERT ALAS AND MARCUS PIGGOT | Photographers

It’s the nature of the industry that only the very best photographers get to shoot for the most influential magazines and most important campaigns. But when it comes to working at the highest end of the business, none can match the sheer scale of Mert and Marcus’s output right now. Interview, Vogue, Love, W, Gucci, Givenchy, Stella McCartney, Bulgari, Armani, Miu Miu, CK Jeans, Chanel, Valentino… And because of the extent of their influence within the industry, they can make or break the creatives they choose to work with: the models, the stylists, the hair and make-up – even the designers. Alas owns a majority stake in the company of Turkish designer Hakaan, whose recent collection at Paris Fashion Week after scooping up the ANDAM award, saw Naomi Campbell and Eva Herzigova on the front row and Daria, Natalia, Mariacarla, Sasha and Anja on the runway. All proof of the magic touch wielded by this duo, the latest names to secure a place within fashion photography’s all-time elite.

02. PHOEBE PHILO | Creative Director of Céline

After working wonders at Chloé, Phoebe Philo’s arrival at Céline two years ago heralded the most significant revamp of a label since Tom Ford at Gucci. After several years in the wilderness post-Kors, Céline was finally back on track as Philo forged a new aesthetic for contemporary women, quietly and cleverly trimming back while the rest of the industry was blowing up big.

Meanwhile her mood books give us a tantalising glimpse of her creative process, and her ad campaigns take the radical step of dispensing with models and celebs to close up on the clothes. Most importantly of all, she has been namechecked by Kanye West in ‘Dark Fantasy’ — surely there can be no greater marker of one’s cultural relevance, and proof positive that she’s even mightier than the house she’s heading.

03. NICOLAS GHESQIERE | Creative Director of Balenciaga

Not exactly news, we know. But season after season his collections remain among the most creative and surprising of any Paris house, continuing to push the boundaries of modernism and making clever look sexy. After 13 years of brilliance this consistent, anyone else would be getting boring by now. What’s his secret?

04. CENTRAL SAINT MARTINS | Fashion School

Just look at who went there (even if not all of them made it to graduation:( Stella McCartney, Hussein Chalayan, Alexander McQueen, Hamish Bowles, John Galliano, Phoebe Philo, Katie Grand, Christopher Kane, Riccardo Tisci, Gareth Pugh, Giles Deacon… London’s Central St Martins School of Art and Design is the educational establishment the industry turns to for new talent and fresh ideas. Truly fashion’s greatest powerhouse.

05. MIUCCIA PRADA | Designer of Prada

For the unparalleled way she manages to balance creativity and commerciality. For being so recognisably Prada regardless of whether she’s pushing flowery romanticism, strict minimalism or rainbow-coloured optimism.

For the Prada Foundation. For her commitment to radical architecture. For being so clever and grown-up while taking way more risks than the youngsters. For making herself synonymous with fashion in mainstream culture thanks to being the first choice of fashion editors: would anyone have believed The Devil Wears Gucci?

Complete list link

Source : businessoffashion.com

It seems interesting. I totally LOVE this cover! Yeah, Galliano have already did things like this, but.. Marc Jacobs looks better to my mind. :innocent:

That's looking really good. So is that just a list or will there be interviews?

so fashion eds review

Part II Rodarte
Hannelore Knuts by Danko Steiner
styled by Ana Steiner

All clothes- Model`s own
Marc Jacobs by Patrick Demarchelier
styled by Katie Grand

My ... (your sign here- cant read)
Sigrid Agren by Richard Bush
styled by Sarah Richardson

The dream factory
Edita Vikeviciute by Camilla Akrans
styled by Franck Benhamou (looks like outtakes from Numero editorial- one of countless with edita - sept or october`s issue)

There's an article om US, as in The Fashion Spot, in this issue. In the preview envogueforever posted there's an article entitled "On the Spot" There's even a screen shot of the site with berlinrocks' avatar.

Oh I am nervous to read that. :ninja:

screen cap made by me from the vimeo preview.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ OMG, Really can't wait to see the article :shock:

ok i won't lie, i wanna know what they've screencaptured.

i don't wanna be "tFS-ashamed" ...

tFS should have gotten the cover, I would have been very willing to dress in drag for it and I'm sure others would be too :wink:

Seriously though, I MUST read that article.

I am incredibly intrigued by that tFS article. Whether it puts us in a good light or not, it shows that Industrie really is going beyond usual boundaries to study every aspect of the business today.

^Ah! I should've guessed that they would choose from discussion about their first issue :lol:

This article means that we can talk about what they've written about what we've said about what they did in their first issue. Or something multi-layered like that.

This looks incredibly good! I'm loving Edita's ed and I'm very intriguid about the article on tFS!

This article means that we can talk about what they've written about what we've said about what they did in their first issue. Or something multi-layered like that.
:flower:
:lol:

seriously.
aren't we the first "internet" phenomena in this magazine ever ?

congratulations people.

your KING !
:king:
:mohawk::meow:

:ninja::ninja:
* or "servant"

Does anybody know if this issue is better physical quality than the last issue? I didn't buy the last issue because it felt so cheaply made and put together (also, because the cover was half ripped off, but that's neither here nor there).

I will be having nightmares after seeing Marc's editorial.
Åkrans could have done something different for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->