Ingrown Hair

Plumour

Reaction score
I have these little bumpy dots on my legs due to ingrown hair :angry: :cry:
What can I do to get rid of them?

Is it really ingrown hairs or do you have keratosis pilaris?

HBoogie, I think it is ingrown hair because when I scratch/peel the bump I can see the hair curling over in there (fails to grow out of the skin), which seems to fit the description of ingrown hair. :(

leyla, I do scrub my legs like crazy :lol: it does leave the smooth part even smoother, but the bumps are still there (only smoothed away a little bit).

btw, I've tried this treatment called "Tend Skin", which is for razor bumps and ingrown hair. I used half bottle of it and found that the bumps were somewhat less but I got all lazy and stopped using it :blush:
so should I keep on applying until it gets rid of all the bumps? and is it possible for it to remove all the bumps? or what other products can I try?

I've got the same problem.. I hate ingrowns and razor burn what can I do to get rid of it.. I don't get it on my legs or anywhere but my bikini

try Tend Skin... it's supposed to lessen ingrown hair on legs and even stubbles for guys. It's available at Sephora (www.sephora.com). I think freshskincare.com has it too.

Dip yourself in a hot tub daily, this will open your pores, and will better the situation with time :wink:

tight jeans = ingrowns. need remedy! has anyone actually tried tend skin or any other products and had good results?

Originally posted by HBoogie@Jan 24 2004, 10:41 PM
Is it really ingrown hairs or do you have keratosis pilaris?
[snapback]147616[/snapback]​

what's keratosis pilaris?

Originally posted by college girl@Aug 22 2004, 11:21 AM
what's keratosis pilaris?
[snapback]341714[/snapback]​

The "chicken skin" you describe is a common, harmless skin condition known as keratosis pilaris. These rough, goose-bumpy, sandpaper-like patches are usually seen on the backs of the arms and outer thighs but can show up anywhere hair grows.
Sometimes keratosis pilaris is confused with pimples or ingrown hairs. But whereas the bumps in such conditions vary in size, shape, and arrangement, keratosis pilaris is uniform. The lesions are generally the same in appearance and form a regular pattern.

from webmd.

Instead of spending $20 and up on TendSkin, you can make a homemade version. It also doesn't have the smell that TendSkin has.

Here it is:

1) Crush 18 tablets of uncoated aspirin
2) Dissolve these in 5.5 oz of 70% rubbing alcohol
3) Crush 8 tablets of uncoated aspirin
4) Dissolve these in 2.5 oz of witch hazel
5) Combine the rubbing alcohol and witch hazel solutions. Some settling of aspirin may occur, just shake it well before you use it. Enjoy :smile:
APPLY once a day after waxing to prevent and treat ingrown hairs

I read that for ingrowns, first take a hot shower or bath to open up pores and soften skin and exfoliate. Then gently squeeze the bump like you would do a pimple (which is not recommended) and that would bring the hair to the surface. If it protrudes a little, try plucking it out with disinfected tweezers. Once you get it out, clean area with rubbing alcohol. It might take a while and be frustrating, but it's worth it. Hope this helps.

the bumps are now all gone after I used some TendSkin regularly and crazy amount of body lotion on legs everyday :P
but I think the weather could be a factor since I find my legs tend to get bumps more easily during winter.

Originally posted by Theory@Aug 22 2004, 10:30 PM
Instead of spending $20 and up on TendSkin, you can make a homemade version. It also doesn't have the smell that TendSkin has.

Here it is:

5) Combine the rubbing alcohol and witch hazel solutions. Some settling of aspirin may occur, just shake it well before you use it. Enjoy :smile:
[snapback]341906[/snapback]​

Computer brain fart.....double post... sorry :blush:

Originally posted by Theory@Aug 22 2004, 10:30 PM

Here it is:

[snapback]341906[/snapback]​

Ah yes, make your own acetylsalizylacid peeling.......thats a really good idea... thanks!!!!! :P

i have exactly the same problem and have been goign crazy about it. I did buy tend skin when i was in the states, before goign i read there web pageit promished results in 24 to 48 hours , so not true but it is salicilic acid which burn skin however in tendskin the dose is controlled and is a very low percentage. What has worked best for me is to stop obsesign about them and avoid looking ( beacuse i ended up squezing them) i guess i should restart witht he tendskin and hopefully i would get some results.

theory ur idea recepy is great speciallly cause u shave 20 or 35 $(big bottle 35 small 20) and because i wont be able t o buy thhe product once i run out of it. so u wouldn't happen to know what measures i need in mL. ( don't worry if not i'll guess i'll have to take the conversion factor and practice my maths/physics)

thanks u have been great help

You know, lazer hair removal really solved my ingrown hair..especially on my legs..I did it twice and havent touched my legs for over 6 months now...expensive, but worth the value! (you can do half legs only too..)

Alternatively, scrubbing, and taking a warm bath help too- good luck

This is VERY effective
P13024_hero.jpg

SEPHORA $20 - $35
Here's the link
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P13024&categoryId=B70

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie